Mini Wiggler Output drivers

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello,

We are currently reviewing a new design and would like to check interfacing with the Mini Wiggler Probe.

I'm talking about MiniWiggler V2 probes (with the usual 16 pin OCDS connector).

I would like to know where I could find some kind of advanced details about the probe internal drivers.

I'm trying to check by example If TRST is driven with an open collector or a push-pull interface

Regards

Vincent
0 Likes
10 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Vincent,

The mini wiggler have to be use together with the DAS server.
The DAS server will be the one sending command to the mini wiggler to performance the specify action.
You can download DAS here.
http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/promopages/das/index.html
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello Jackson,

Well, this does not clearly answer to my question.

As an example, I'm using the mini wiggler tool with memtool software.
Inside Memtool Software, there is no avalaible option nor entry into help file about the probe hardware interface.

I was expecting a kind of extract of the mini wiggler schematic.

I need to know what's the output stage of TRST because my reset line is initially driven by a watchdog chip.
If the miniwiggler has a push-pull output stage this could lead to damages of my board or the probe.

Vincent
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello,

Any update about that question ?

Vincent
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Vincent,

MiniWiggler and DAS server software is Infineon proprietary and we do not release to the public.
By the way, why are u connecting TRST to watchdog chip?
TRST is Test-System Reset Input which is use for debug purpose.
If you are trying to connect to a reset pin, you should connect to PORST pin instead.
Please refers to the easykit schematic for more details.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello Jackson,

Sorry, I did a mistake while typing.

Of course the watchdog line asserts the PORST line, this is a typical design.
I need to make sure the output driver of the MiniWiggler is not push-pull driven, because in such a case it may conflict with the watchdog output.

I agree you may not be allowed to publish the whole schematic of the probe. But I'm not asking that.

Regarding the output interface that's an other question because we just can't design our boards playing with pure assumptions.

All supplier of JTAG robe always publish at least the schematic of the JTAG interface, have a look at that example : http://www.keil.com/support/man/docs/ulink2/ulink2_hw_schematic.htm
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Vincent,

Yes, the TRST line of the miniwiggler is push-pull driven.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi:

I am Arcadio from Colombia South America,

I'm new in this topics, my friends and me are working for a project of university, and for this we have a Microcontroller Infineon XC886 and we are trying to desing a interface comunication but I think that is better think in the project that in the interface, For this I want to Know what elements of software and hardware that we should to have.

Very thanks for your atention.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi, Arcadio,
For information on XC886, you could refer to this link: http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/microcontroller/8051-compatible-8-bit-microcontroller/xc800-i..., at the Application Note section, there is a "XC888 Starter Kit "Cookery-Book..." document for a quick getting started on this device.
0 Likes
User9342
Level 1
Level 1
youre proving how awesomely weird you are with this mini event. ❤️
0 Likes
Not applicable
thanks for sharing! Nice post
0 Likes