Simple way to compile dave project using linux?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello,

i've some DAVE projects and i want to compile them within a linux environment. My problem is to update all the 30(!) .mk files and the makefile for each project. This is very inconvenient.....

Is there a more simply way?
0 Likes
5 Replies
Not applicable
I was at least able to start the DAVE3 Eclipse environment using wine.

Importing the DAVE3 stuff to a regular (Ubuntu Linux) Eclipse installation (File->Import->Install->From Existing Installation) failed due to unresolved dependencies.
Whileas I was able to get some of the required .jar plugin files, I was not able to install the required version of org.eclipse.core.filesystem.linux:
Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
Software being installed: DAVE 3 1.0.0.201308121426 (com.ifx.davex.branding.dave_expert 1.0.0.201308121426)
Missing requirement for filter properties ~= $0: Eclipse Platform 3.7.2.v20120207-1839-9gF7UHPDFxGjd-PqDr2jX_4yKaumkoHTz04_q-q (org.eclipse.platform.feature.group 3.7.2.v20120207-1839-9gF7UHPDFxGjd-PqDr2jX_4yKaumkoHTz04_q-q) requires 'org.eclipse.core.filesystem.linux.x86_64 [1.2.0.v20110423-0524]' but it could not be found
Cannot satisfy dependency:
From: DAVE 3 1.0.0.201308121426 (com.ifx.davex.branding.dave_expert 1.0.0.201308121426)
To: org.eclipse.platform.feature.group [3.7.2.v20120207-1839-9gF7UHPDFxGjd-PqDr2jX_4yKaumkoHTz04_q-q]

I would also love to see a native Linux package (preferably one not bloated with hundreds of duplicate files like in the Windows package).
0 Likes
oreste
Employee
Employee
Welcome! 50 replies posted 25 replies posted
Hi Jerry,
I don't fully understand your request. Do you need to compile the project or update the makefiles using Dave ?
Just compiling should be fasible by installing arm tool chain and execute make from the folder there is located makefile file.
Regards
Oreste

Jerry wrote:
Hello,

i've some DAVE projects and i want to compile them within a linux environment. My problem is to update all the 30(!) .mk files and the makefile for each project. This is very inconvenient.....

Is there a more simply way?
0 Likes
Not applicable
I was now able to import the DAVE/Infineon plugins to a clean installation of Eclipse (version Indigo) running on native Linux.

I had also some success with the ECLiPSe solver (native Linux installation).
The solver is executed by DAVE via executing Windows' cmd.exe. I placed a simple shell wrapper named cmd.exe in my path which calls the ECLiPSe solver binary. STDIN/STDOUT is catched by DAVE and served via a socket to the IDE.

But I still run into many problems mainly with trivial problems like file names (case sensitive on Linux) and backslashes.
I don't think I have the nerves to bring this any further, considering that I can at least work with DAVE via WINE.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hello,

did you get DAVE to run completly on wine? On my debian linux installation the solver does only work, when no app is added to the project. As soon as I add an app to my dave project the solver fails with the message "An error occured while connecting to the solver process". I can see several linux processes of the solver (C:\DAVE-3.1.10\Solver\lib\i386_nt\eclipse.exe -g 512000 -D C:/DAVE-3.1.10/Solver). When I start the same line with wine on the console, I get an fine working solver console. I have no clue what's wrong there. I would appreciate any help.

Although the installation of the segger debugger driver failed with a cryptic error code.

Cheers, Felix
0 Likes
Not applicable
I remember that I got this working on Linux by using a "fake" cmd.exe shell script which runs a native Linux installation of ECLiPSe (constraint language, not the better-know Eclipse IDE with the same name).

#!/bin/sh
# place this as cmd.exe with +x permissions in your path...
~/foo/eclipselp/lib/x86_64_linux/eclipse.exe -g 512000 -D ~/foo/eclipselp

This is because DAVE3 tries to start the ECLiPSe solver via the Windows cmd.exe shell, then (AFAIR) transfers data between DAVE3 and the solver via a socket.
0 Likes