XMC1300 boot kit debugger

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,
Currently I am working with XMC1302 device.
I have buy XMC1300 boot kit which have on board debugger.
I have made my own custom board and I want to use debugger of boot kit.
I have connect my custom board as per schematic (SWD is at P0.14 and SWCLK at P0.15), I'm able to programming to my custom board.

but When I have connect SWD at P1.3 and SWCLK at P1.2, I am not able to programming. error occured as follow:
The debug instrument IO could not be initialized.
An error occured while connecting to the target. The exact cause is unknown, but possibly, the J-link is not connected to the target properly.
Is it possible to use P1.3 and P1.2 for debugging? How?

Regards,
Sam
0 Likes
1 Reply
Not applicable
Hi, Sam,
BMI value of XMC1300 determine the boot-up mode of the device. For XMC1300 boot kit, the SWD is at P0.14 and SWCLK is at P0.15. Hence, the BMI value of the XMC1300 boot kit is set to SWD0 (debug). If you want to use P1.3 as SWD and P1.2 as SWCLK on your custom board, then you need to change the BMI value of the XMC1302 device on your custom board to SWD1 (debug). So may I know what is the BMI value of the XMC1302 device on your custom board? If it is a new sample from Infineon, then most probably it would be in ASC_BSL mode. If that is the case, you could use the Get/Set BMI utility in DAVE3 to change the BMI value from ASC_BSL to SWD1(debug). After that, you should be able to use P1.3 as SWD and P1.2 as SWCLK for programming.
0 Likes