XMC1300 debugger

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,
Currently I am working with XMC1302 device.
I have buy XMC1300 boot kit which have on board debugger.
I have made my own custom board and I want to use debugger of boot kit.
Is it possible to use boot kit debugger for custom board programming?
If yes than How can this possible?

Regards,
Sam
0 Likes
7 Replies
Juergen
Employee
Employee
Hi Sam,

If you have followed the schematic for the XMC1302 boot kit then you will have a connector on your custom board to which you can connect the debugger board from the boot kit. You just program your board the same way as if you were programming the boot kit. There is a cable supplied with the boot kit.

Best Regards
Jurgen
0 Likes
Not applicable
Juergen wrote:
Hi Sam,

If you have followed the schematic for the XMC1302 boot kit then you will have a connector on your custom board to which you can connect the debugger board from the boot kit. You just program your board the same way as if you were programming the boot kit. There is a cable supplied with the boot kit.

Best Regards
Jurgen

Thanks Juergen,
I have connect my custom board as per schematic and able to programming to my custom board.
As per schematic SWD is at P0.14 and SWCLK at P0.15.
When I have connect my custom board with same pins I am able to programming.
but When I have connect SWD at P1.3 and SWCLK at P1.2, I am not able to programming. error occured as follow:
The debug instrument IO could not be initialized.
An error occured while connecting to the target. The exact cause is unknown, but possibly, the J-link is not connected to the target properly.
Is it possible to use P1.3 and P1.2 for debugging? How?

Regards,
Sam
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi, Sam,
In order to use SWD for P1.3 and SWCLK at P1.2, the BMI value need to set SWD1 (debug). From what you described, maybe your XMC1302 device's BMI value is program to SWD0 since it is working using P0.14 and P0.15 pin.
So, first connect SWD at P0.14 and SWCLK at P0.15. Open DAVE3. In the main menu of the DAVE3, click the "BMI Get Set" icon as highlight in red circle. Then, the "BMI Get Set" dialog box will appear, Click the "Select" pull down bar, select -> User Mode (debug) SWD1. Then, click the "Set BMI" button. The BMI value of the XMC1302 device should be change to SWD1 (debug). Next, you connect SWD to P1.3 and SWCLK to P1.2. You should be able to do the programming via P1.3 and P1.2.
400.attach
401.attach
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi, Sam,
Please download the latest Segger firmware v478m if you want to program the BMI to SWD1(debug). The segger download link is : http://www.segger.com/jlink-software.html.
Under the J-Link software & documentation pack for Windows section, click the Download button. When the download dialog box pop out, under the " Having a problem finding the serial number?" section, choose -> I do not have a serial number because ...... From there, you would be able to download the latest Segger firmware. Please unzip and run the setup file of the Segger firmware downloaded. Next, when you open the Get Set BMI dialog box of DAVE3, it will prompt you whether to update the Segger firmware of your XMC1302 boot kit. Choose yes, and the Segger firmware of your XMC1302 boot kit debugger will be updated.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks,
I have update segger J link, and able to debug program for only one time.
When new chip is connected, I getting ASC bootstrap Load mode in Get BMI.
Than I have set BMI at User Mode(Debug)SWD0. and able to debug program for one time. when I trying to debug program on same chip again
I getting following error:
The debug instrument IO could not be initialized.
An error occured while connecting to the target. The exact cause is unknown, but possibly, the J-link is not connected to the target properly.
When I select BMI get set for same chip, and click on Get BMI, I getting following error:
> Could not set BMI value.Please check the connection
> Updae drivers and try again.
I have check this with two chip but in both same problem occurs.
What should be problem?
Regards,
Sam.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi, Sam,
May I know how is your board setup? Is the SWD and SWDCLK of the debugger connect to P0.14 and P0.15 of XMC1302 device. Also, is the VDD and Gnd from the debugger connect to VDD and Gnd of the XMC1302 device? Please check the VDD pin of the XMC1302 device has 3.3V or 5V.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks again,
I have just replace XMC1302 device with newer on XMC1302 bootkit. so I think every connections are ok. I have also check VDD and GND.
0 Likes