Trasnfer of CAP001_Example Concepts

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
The CAP001_Example provides a good start to showing how DAVE3 works.
http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/promopages/aim-mc/DAVE_3_Support_Portal/DAVE_Example_Project_...

Transferring the concepts from the example to other uses proves to be problematic.
For example of if the PWMSP001 is replaced by a PWMMSP001 then the connection to IO002 does not work, an error is received when making the signal connection.
How is the PWMMSP001 app connected to an output pin?

Regards,
Doug
0 Likes
3 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Doug,

For the reply below assume that you meant PWMMP001 instead of PWMMSP001, right?

Which version of PWMSP001 are you using?
[1.0.2] comes with IO002 connected
[1.0.8] and [1.0.12] don't have IO002 included but capability of manual pin assignment in the APP (Resource "pin_directoutput")

On the other hand PWMMP001 (in my case) is version [1.0.8] and therefore also has manual pin assignment included in the APP. I assume that there is also no connection to an IO002 needed.

For the manual pin assignment there are few combinations working - though I didn't find the proper reference for this up to now. Dave will tell you "Requested connectivity not possible, reverted to previous settings" (means to me "start over, do it again though I don't tell you what was wrong - better luck next time")

One working configuration for two phase is:
phase1_directout --> P1.13
phase1_invertedout --> P1.10
phase2_directout --> P6.1 (the only working pin with the other pin settings above)
phase2_invertedout --> P6.0

What I'm not sure so far is if the additional "Signal connection": "Phase1 Direct Output! ----> PWMMP001/Phase1 Direct Output Pin" is needed too or not. I guess it should work without.

I started only recently with this device so maybe some other person's input might be more useful for you.
Regards,

J
0 Likes
Georg_Huba
Employee
Employee
The Examples from this link are not updated but will be updated soon.
There are much more example projects available directly from DAVE 3:
>Help >Install DAVE Apps/Example Projects, Then select “DAVE Project Library Manager” in the box “Work with”
Then you have access to about 30 example projects that can be downloaded to your current workspace and to your local library store (from there you can import the downloaded projects into other workspaces using the Infineon Import function.

Now to the changes of the PWMSP001 App. Based on user feedback we changed the concept of all PWM Apps and included the I/O functionality directly in the DAVE App, to avoid the need of a separate I/O App in the default use cases.
The I/O configuration for the PWM output signal is done in a dedicated Pin Configuration tab in the configuration UI of the PWM App.
If you disable in this tab the output it is the possible again to connect the PWM output signal to an IO002 App.
0 Likes
RValascho
Employee
Employee
First like received 5 questions asked First question asked
Doug,

I'm posting to see if somebody can elaborate.

My thoughts are that you can go into the PWMSP002_Init() function found in PWMSP002.c and manually override the pin assignments. My defaults were pin 5.11 for direct output and pin 5.8 for the inverted output, but there could be other options dependant upon which slice you choose to allocate as the resource.

You need to put direct and inverted pin outs on the same slice. So CCU81.OUT00 will work as direct and CCU81.OUT01 will work as indirect, for example.

CCU81.OUT10 needs to be paired with CCU8.OUT11, and likewise CCU81.OUT20 needs to be paired with CCU81.OUT21.

One thought here is to generate the pin assignments with PWMMP001 (maybe best in a separate project), since it’s pin assignment seems to work ok, then pull the code for the port assignment and plug it into the PWMSP001 and PWMSP002 after code generation. If you use the PWMMP001 app, it will solve for the restrictions of the peripheral. It could at least provide an error check.

This isn't the ideal situation. I'm going to try to load newest version to see if there is a UI fix.

One question that I have based on this type of work around is what's the best way to protect "modified" code in a "generated" file? Thanks!
0 Likes