AURIX TC3 debuger

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User15256
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 questions asked
Dear all,

After searching the pros and cons of Lauterbach and UDE PLS debuger, I could not find a huge difference.

For you, which is the best debuger and why?
0 Likes
3 Replies
FD_aurix
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 100 replies posted 5 solutions authored
Up to now I've used the Onboard miniwiggler present on the Triboard demoboard and the lautherbach. So I can "compare" these two debugger.
the one onboard, at least trough Tasking ide, is totally not usable. It will stop at the breakpoint (not always) and if you try to do a step by step progres it will get lost somewhere after one or two step.

Lauterbach is working perfectly up to now for my needs, the main disadvantage (not considering the price...) is the old style interface where there are at the same time 2 ways to do the same thing (the bottom down menu and the "shell") but I've to say that it works perfectly.
There is also a strange break point strategy that I've not found how to change, if I place a breakpoint on a HL C line that is expand in multiple assembly line it will place one break point for each assembly line. So it is quite easy to finish soon the breakpoints if you do not remove manually the others not necessary breakpoint .
CPUs registers could not be accessed while the main cores are working (or I've not found how to disable this limits)

I'm interested in PLS too, if someone could give its experience it will be really appreciated.
0 Likes
Epistemon
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted First like received First reply posted
I use PLS UAD2Pro. It is compact for remote working and I can use the same Infineon adapter (DAP/JTAG) for both 1G and 2G projects thus minimising licensing costs.

The UDE software is easy to use and core/peripheral registers are easy to view. Flashing is simple and quick where the TASKING debugger seems to take 5 mins to just open the .elf file for a smallish project.

I have not used the more sophisticated aspects like scripting and tracing so cannot comment but I have no complaints about the software,

What's missing for me in many debuggers is oscilloscope-like data acquisition. winIDEA has the right, well, idea:

https://www.isystem.com/downloads/winIDEA/help/daqidea.html
0 Likes
User22719
Level 1
Level 1
I have been using the UDE PLS for various A2G projects, and I cannot say anything negative about it. They even support some very old debuggers (mine must be at least 10 years old). My experience refers to the more basic functions of flashing, setting watches and breakpoints. I have not used the tracing or any of the advanced features.
0 Likes