Question on TLF35584 - Tracker 1 & 2 Over Voltage

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
5 likes given 100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins
TLF35584 data sheet indicates "In case of over voltage at pin QTx, the corresponding tracker will be switched off, the event will be stored in an SPI status register (MONSF1) and an interrupt will be generated."

When the over voltage event ends, how/when does the tracker turns back on ?
- does tracker self recovers and turns on or
- does clearing the status register MONSF1 recovers the tracker ?
0 Likes
1 Solution
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
I don't know at which forum are the PMIC experts.
The answer to your question you can find in the datasheet page 72/73, especially Figure 22.
If an overvoltage is detected for a time period of 8µs..20µs (tRR . reset reaction time) then the affected regulator is switched off and must be reenabled by the microcontroller.
If an undervoltage is detected for a time period of 2.7ms..3,3ms (tStG - Short to ground detection time) then the affected regulator is switched off and must be reenabled by the microcontroller.
I expect in case of detected overvoltage that you can see in register DEVSTAT that the tracker is switched off and you must reenable the tracker via register DEVCTRL/DEVCTRLN (used to enable or disable a tracker by sw).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
nadeem_syed wrote:
TLF35584 data sheet indicates "In case of over voltage at pin QTx, the corresponding tracker will be switched off, the event will be stored in an SPI status register (MONSF1) and an interrupt will be generated."

When the over voltage event ends, how/when does the tracker turns back on ?
- does tracker self recovers and turns on or
- does clearing the status register MONSF1 recovers the tracker ?

Dear Community Members,

Any comments on this question ? Appreciate your help !!!
0 Likes
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
Any feedback on this topic ???
0 Likes
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
nadeem_syed wrote:

0 Likes
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
nadeem_syed wrote:

Are there no TLF35584 experts in this forum ? Should I be posting this question in a different forum ?
0 Likes
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
Where are all the Infineon community members. There is no support ???
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
I don't know at which forum are the PMIC experts.
The answer to your question you can find in the datasheet page 72/73, especially Figure 22.
If an overvoltage is detected for a time period of 8µs..20µs (tRR . reset reaction time) then the affected regulator is switched off and must be reenabled by the microcontroller.
If an undervoltage is detected for a time period of 2.7ms..3,3ms (tStG - Short to ground detection time) then the affected regulator is switched off and must be reenabled by the microcontroller.
I expect in case of detected overvoltage that you can see in register DEVSTAT that the tracker is switched off and you must reenable the tracker via register DEVCTRL/DEVCTRLN (used to enable or disable a tracker by sw).
0 Likes