Miniwiggler V2 connection issue with TC27x

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User22786
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

I just bought a MiniWiggler v2 but having some challenges of establishing connection with TC277. After we power up the device and connect all the DAP lines to PC through MiniWiggler, the DAS basic client shows that the status of the connection is continuously switching between “no device connected”, “Device has no ID register” and “TriCore Family” in an infinite loop.

5408.attach

I am using the 10 pin dap connector on the miniwiggler and the wiring is showed in the picture below:

5409.attach

Another thing I notice is when I connect the miniwiggler to the computer, it will list under USB section in device manager instead of COM port. Is this the reason of no connection? And I did update the drivers already.

5410.attach

Please let me know what could be the reason of this issue and how can I have a stable connection.
0 Likes
2 Replies
cwunder
Employee
Employee
5 likes given 50 likes received 50 solutions authored
Pin 1 of the DAP connector needs be connected to VDDP3 (3.3V). This acts as the reference voltage for the DAP voltage levels.

Question for you is VDDOSC_1 at 1.3V or 3.3V?
0 Likes
Abhishek_B_2001
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First solution authored 5 sign-ins

I had also faced the same problem , so we need to give external 3.3v to pin 1 of the debugger so as to detect the microcontroller. Otherwise the debugger won't detect the microcontroller. 

0 Likes