Aurix Developmen Studio IDE Assemble Error during build project

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User22621
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked
hello,
I am using Aurix Development studio IDE for my project develop which use TC397 as HW platform. But when I integrate my source code from other project into current project, I got some errors.
See picture below for details:
5391.attach
The top half shows my source code Fls.c, and bottom half show the console information during build.
This is only part of my error display. In the console information, line 2650 and 2655 in Fls.c is mentioned as error line, but I cannot find the errors in line 2650 and line 2655, and what more pussling to me is that why does the commented line 2660 also treated as error line.
Another question, we can see the assemble error code before every line of the console information, but I don't know where can I get the information about the error code, e.g. reason cause the error or solution to resolve the error?
Thanks
0 Likes
1 Solution
User22621
Level 1
Level 1
teoBits&ulrichk,
the problem has been resolved.
It just because of the assemble lines nop. In my source code, we use MACRO definition NOP and it should be mapping to __nop() instruction. But during the integration of the source code from other project to current one,
I forgot to re-map the MACRO to corresponding compiler header file, so MACRO NOP() was not mapped to tasking header file correctly.

Thank you so much for your reply

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
teoBits
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins 100 replies posted 50 replies posted
Hello,

It is a little bit difficult to understand what could be the problem just by seeing this output, is it possible for you to share the project?

BR,
Matteo
0 Likes
User13836
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 sign-ins
Please note that the error message is not issued by the C compiler, but by the assembler which processes the C compiler generated assembly language input file. So the lines listed in the error message point to the lines in the .src file the C compiler generated. Unfortunately ADS deletes the temporary files after a build. So you cannot access the .src file. A possible mitigation is to have the assembler generate a list file in addition. Unfortunately this option is not included in the ADS either. But you can modify the 'Command' line for the Assembler invocation and add the option --list-file to have the assembler generate a list file with extension .lst for each C source file. The list file Fls.lst in your use case will include more details and this should also explain why the assembler fails to process the file. The screenshot below shows where the modification is applied.

5393.attach

Best regards,
Ulrich Kloidt

TASKING tools support
0 Likes
User22621
Level 1
Level 1
teoBits&ulrichk,
It just because of the assemble lines nop. In my source code, we use MACRO definition NOP and it should be mapping to __nop() instruction. But during the integration of the source code from other project to current one,
I forgot to re-map the MACRO to corresponding compiler header file, so MACRO NOP() was not mapped to tasking header file correctly.

0 Likes
teoBits
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins 100 replies posted 50 replies posted
Jevins.Shi wrote:
teoBits&ulrichk,

Thank you for reporting how you solved the issue.

Matteo
0 Likes