TC4xx promo banner Banner_Aurix_Competition Banner_AURIX_Security-Solution Banner_AURIX_Safety_Products ShieldBuddy TC275 Banner_AURIX_DevelopmentStudio

IMPORTANT: Infineon Forums currently doesn’t allow sign-in & registrations to prepare for the upcoming transition. To learn more, check out our announcement.

Thread: Aurix Developmen Studio IDE Assemble Error during build project

Beginner Beginner Jevins.Shi is on a distinguished road

Aurix Developmen Studio IDE Assemble Error during build project

hello,
    I am using Aurix Development studio IDE for my project develop which use TC397 as HW platform. But when I integrate my source code from other project into current project, I got some errors.
    See picture below for details:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	temp4cj.png
Views:	9
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	5970
    The top half shows my source code Fls.c, and bottom half show the console information during build.
    This is only part of my error display. In the console information, line 2650 and 2655 in Fls.c is mentioned as error line, but I cannot find the errors in line 2650 and line 2655, and what more pussling to me is that why does the commented line 2660 also treated as error line.
    Another question, we can see the assemble error code before every line of the console information, but I don't know where can I get the information about the error code, e.g. reason cause the error or solution to resolve the error?
    Thanks

Advanced Advanced
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    teoBits is on a distinguished road
    Hello,

It is a little bit difficult to understand what could be the problem just by seeing this output, is it possible for you to share the project?

BR,
    Matteo
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Beginner Beginner ulrichk is on a distinguished road
    Please note that the error message is not issued by the C compiler, but by the assembler which processes the C compiler generated assembly language input file. So the lines listed in the error message point to the lines in the .src file the C compiler generated. Unfortunately ADS deletes the temporary files after a build. So you cannot access the .src file. A possible mitigation is to have the assembler generate a list file in addition. Unfortunately this option is not included in the ADS either. But you can modify the 'Command' line for the Assembler invocation and add the option --list-file to have the assembler generate a list file with extension .lst for each C source file. The list file Fls.lst in your use case will include more details and this should also explain why the assembler fails to process the file. The screenshot below shows where the modification is applied.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TASKING Assembler.png
Views:	1
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	5972

Best regards,
    Ulrich Kloidt

TASKING tools support

Beginner Beginner Jevins.Shi is on a distinguished road
    teoBits&ulrichk,
    the problem has been resolved.
    It just because of the assemble lines nop. In my source code, we use MACRO definition NOP and it should be mapping to __nop() instruction. But during the integration of the source code from other project to current one,
    I forgot to re-map the MACRO to corresponding compiler header file, so MACRO NOP() was not mapped to tasking header file correctly.

Thank you so much for your reply

Advanced Advanced
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    teoBits is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevins.Shi View Post
    teoBits&ulrichk,
    the problem has been resolved.
    It just because of the assemble lines nop. In my source code, we use MACRO definition NOP and it should be mapping to __nop() instruction. But during the integration of the source code from other project to current one,
    I forgot to re-map the MACRO to corresponding compiler header file, so MACRO NOP() was not mapped to tasking header file correctly.

Thank you so much for your reply
    Thank you for reporting how you solved the issue.

Matteo
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.