+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pspice model for OptiMOS IPD90N08S4-05

New Member New Member Oalzn is on a distinguished road

Pspice model for OptiMOS IPD90N08S4-05

Hello all,

I am using OrCAD Pspice to run a simulation and I want to include the model for IPD90N08S4-05 (in reality it is AUIRFR3607, but it is marked as obsolete and IPD90N08S4-05 is the successor), so I downloaded the library file from:

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/prod...14415#ispnTab7

but when simulating I got the message: "ERROR(ORPSIM-15108): Subcircuit IPD90N08S4_05 used by X_X1 is undefined".

When looking into the .lib file, I found the lines:
    * This library contains models of the following INFINEON transistors:
    * NL
    * IPB80N07S4-05 IPP80N07S4-05 IPI80N07S4-05

And indeed, there is no .SUBCKT definition for IPD90N08S4-05. The .olb file contains the symbol for it, though.

At this point, I do not know how to include this MOSFET into my simulation, I guess this is a gap in my knowledge of the simulation tool, but can somebody support?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Oalzn; Sep 13th, 2021 at 07:49 AM.

Advanced Advanced
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Pablo Elosegui Garcia is on a distinguished road
    Hello Oalzn,

Thank you for posting on Infineon Forums.

I understood that you are looking for the simulation file for IPD90N08S4-05.
    It looks like the library which is posted on the product page is an obsolete one.
    I will request the library with the latest devices (including IPD90N08S4-05) is uploaded to the page.
    This process will take some time. I will contact you as soon as I have an update.

In addition, I will try to get the library early and share it in this thread, if possible.

Best regards,
    Pablo
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

New Member New Member Oalzn is on a distinguished road
    Hello Pablo,

thank you for the prompt response and clarification. Well, it was for sure strange to see that I can add the symbol of the desired FET into my simulation but it actually does not have a simulation model associated to it, but I will wait for the last version.

Looking forward for your feedback, thanks again!

Regards,

Advanced Advanced
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Pablo Elosegui Garcia is on a distinguished road
    Hello Oalzn,

After contacting our simulation team, they were notified about the issue you are facing.
    They agreed to update the library, and it should be complete is nome time.

In the meantime, I will share the library on this thread so that you can get started with your simulation.
    Now the IPD90N08S4-05 is under the 80V Optimos library.
    OptiMOS-T2_80V.zip

Please let me know if this solves your issue.

Best regards,
    Pablo
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

+ Reply to Thread