XMC4300 - Slave Stack Code Pin Allocation & Example

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User22699
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

I'm a beginner trying to follow the EtherCAT SSC example provided within the DAVE local library store (example here).

I've gotten to implementing the process_app code which sets the state of the LED and propagates the input data. However, upon rebuilding the project, I get the following build errors:

5383.attach

5384.attach

5385.attach

I've checked the manual pin allocator for the main program (ECAT_SSC_0), and Pin 85 (P4.0) and Pin 84 (P4.1) are not referenced anywhere, nor is P_LED1, P_LED2 nor P3_4. The pin mapping view also indicates that these pins are non-feasible for mapping.

5386.attach

I have tried changing the timer to a CCU8 timer as I've heard this is connected to those pins, but this has not done anything. I've got a feeling I've somehow generated the slave-stack code incorrectly, but not sure how.

Help would be greatly appreciated.
0 Likes
4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins
Hi James,

I am not able to access the link given by you - but is the project "ETHCAT_SSC_XMC43" => ?

Have you followed the steps provided in the "Getting Started - XMC4300_Relax_EtherCat_APP_Slave_SSC Example_V3.3.pdf"? Here is the attachment of the PDF => .
This document provides the detailed steps in getting started with the code example. Before proceeding ahead with building, make sure the pre-requisite steps are performed.

Best regards,
Nikhil
0 Likes
User22699
Level 1
Level 1
HI Nikhil,

Thanks for the response. I can confirm "ETHCAT_SSC_XMC43" => ETHCAT_SSC_XMC43.zip is the project, and have followed the instructions lain out by the V3.3 pdf. Still getting the same issue unfortunately.

Best
James
0 Likes
ncbs
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 sign-ins
Hi James,

I think that the generated sources aren't getting generated properly.
Could you delete the generated files, and then generate code by DAVE > generate code, and then try to build your project?

Regards,
Nikhil
0 Likes
User22699
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Nikhil, unfortunately that's also not solved the problem. Is there an example project available that is already configured for the XMC4300 without the declaration issue?

Regards,
James
0 Likes