XMC4800 BAD Batch

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Nicky
Level 2
Level 2
5 sign-ins First question asked 5 replies posted
Hi,

We are using the xmc4800 F100x2048 and used in about 150 Ethercat devices, with great success. Recently we received a new batch of 10 pieces and already 3 chips have a broken connection between die and pin pad. All of them have lost a connection on an analog input pin, for all 3 it's on a different pin.
It looks like the die is still working, if I configure the pin as an input pin and make an internal pull up, I see the input is always high and with pull down always low. Signals from the outside are not coming in.

Maybe we received a bad batch or imitation chip as it is hard to find chips in these days. We have another 50 chips at our supplier on stock from the same batch, but are a little afraid to use them now. Do more people experience the same problem as we do?

Kind regards,

Nicky
0 Likes
1 Solution
Nicky
Level 2
Level 2

Hi all,

Just want to let you know its not the xmc4800 F100x2048 that is faulty. In our application is a little design error on the circuit board. I rare cases it can happen that the voltage on a analog input pin can become too high and the pin gets broken.

Kind regards,

Nicky

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted
Hi,

Can you please contact the distributor in your region and can you log complain ?
Can you also let us know from where you have purchased these parts?

Regards
Alakananda
Alakananda
0 Likes
Nicky
Level 2
Level 2
Hi Alakananda,

Thank you for your reply,

We purchased the parts at Digikey.nl. Code on all chips is 84P2X389X08 G2124, We also have bought some chips at Farnell.com with the same code, only not used yet.

We are currently running some tests to determine if we damaged the chip from our side. If this is not the case than we will contact the supplier. For now we just wanted to know if more people experienced the same issue as we do.

Kind Regards,

Nicky
0 Likes
Nicky
Level 2
Level 2

Hi all,

Just want to let you know its not the xmc4800 F100x2048 that is faulty. In our application is a little design error on the circuit board. I rare cases it can happen that the voltage on a analog input pin can become too high and the pin gets broken.

Kind regards,

Nicky

0 Likes