TLE9879 undesirable Wake-Up with wAKE_STATUS=0

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Georges_Lab
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted
Hello,
I have some problems with TLE9879 but most important is PMU wake ups.
I configured PMU to wake up on falling edge of P0.1. But when SCU_EnterStopMode(); is executed TLE9879 will wake up without reason in approx 1 second. All wake registers are 0 so it looks like reset event.
Power supply is OK.

In keil debugger is strange register map for PMU unit. There is MON_CONF register with address 0x50004034UL and value 0x7 (in description is shown MON wake enabled. But this register is not present in manual for TLE9879 .
When I manually put this register to 0 by clicking on register in debug, then sleep works as intended.
What is happening here?
Thank you.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Mc-Key
Employee
Employee
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted
Hello,
have you already tried the example code for the stop mode entry from the Keil pack file?
The Name is: PMU_POWER_SAVING_STOP_MODE_EXAMPLE_TLE987X

Do you use any kind of external circuit on the MON PIN?
If you are using the Evalkit: Is the MON Jumper (JP1) connected?
Background:
The MON PIN can wake up the device from stop mode and sleep mode.
If the MON Pin floats AND is configured as a wake up source, it will probably cause unexpected device wake ups.
0 Likes
Georges_Lab
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted
Hello,
thank you for reply.
I was inspired by example PMU_POWER_SAVING_STOP_MODE_EXAMPLE_TLE987X and integrated sleep mode to example BLDC_BcHALL. Dev board I'm using is :BLDC_SHIELD_TLE9879. There is just 10nF capacitor on MON pin.
Is MON able to wake up device even it is disabled by registers?

Why are registers in uVision so confusing in comparison to dataheet?
0 Likes