Can't activate FLASH/OTP Device ! (in TC375 using MemTool)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User22170
Level 1
Level 1
Unfortunately, I have changed the RAMIN section (in PROCONRAM) from 0 (Init Ram after any POR) into 3 (Don't init RAM after POR).
Now, I can connect my device to the MemTool but can not program/erase it.

When pressing on "Enable" button for the PFLASH, it says "Can't activate FLASH/OTP Device !" and the log says "Initializing FLASH driver on target failed".
I tried to reprogram it through ADS, it halts a little bit then says that 0x70100000 (PSPR0) is not initialized.
I have also tried also the option of "Init PSPR0/DSPR0 on connect" in MemTool when connecting and it failed also.

Is there any way around so that I can reprogram the UCBs and return the RAMIN into 0 so that PSPR0 and other ram can be auto initialized after POR ?
Moreover, if anyone knows how can we form commands in the "Execute OnConnect Commands" in MemTool so that we can initialize PSPR0/DSPR0 ourselves with those commands ?

Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
1 Solution
User21316
Level 3
Level 3
5 questions asked 5 replies posted First like received

Hi,

Not sure the question is still of interest, but as I ran into the same kind of problem, it may help others.

In the current version of MemTool (v2021.08), there is an option in Target->Setup->Connect->Init PSPR0/DSPR0 on connect

Ticking this option allowed me to connect to the µC properly and correct the configuration of the PROCONRAM register.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
User22170
Level 1
Level 1
AhmedGamal wrote:
Unfortunately, I have changed the RAMIN section (in PROCONRAM) from 0 (Init Ram after any POR) into 3 (Don't init RAM after POR).
Now, I can connect my device to the MemTool but can not program/erase it.

When pressing on "Enable" button for the PFLASH, it says "Can't activate FLASH/OTP Device !" and the log says "Initializing FLASH driver on target failed".
I tried to reprogram it through ADS, it halts a little bit then says that 0x70100000 (PSPR0) is not initialized.
I have also tried also the option of "Init PSPR0/DSPR0 on connect" in MemTool when connecting and it failed also.

Is there any way around so that I can reprogram the UCBs and return the RAMIN into 0 so that PSPR0 and other ram can be auto initialized after POR ?
Moreover, if anyone knows how can we form commands in the "Execute OnConnect Commands" in MemTool so that we can initialize PSPR0/DSPR0 ourselves with those commands ?

Thanks in advance.

Problem is solved using UDE communication device instead of DAS with using 2pin DAP. Using this with the option of "Init PSPR0/DSPR0 on connect" from the MemTool embedded in the UDE has initialized the memory and had the chance to bring RAMIN back to zero.
0 Likes
User21316
Level 3
Level 3
5 questions asked 5 replies posted First like received

Hi,

Not sure the question is still of interest, but as I ran into the same kind of problem, it may help others.

In the current version of MemTool (v2021.08), there is an option in Target->Setup->Connect->Init PSPR0/DSPR0 on connect

Ticking this option allowed me to connect to the µC properly and correct the configuration of the PROCONRAM register.

0 Likes