Error building active projects with XMC 1100 - ADC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User22557
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

I am currently using the XMC 2 GO kit and if i add the APP "ADC_MESUREMENT_0" and generate the code and build the project i always get an error ('XMC_VADC_GLOBAL_SHS_AREF_EXTERNAL_VDD_UPPER_RANGE' undeclared (first use in this function) and i can't solve it.
I am new with this microcontrollers so i have some dificulties. The error can be seen in the attached image and it is present in the library.
Can you help me please solving this error?
0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked
Hi Tiago Rocha,

Could you please try using the latest version of Dave ? You can install Infineon toolbox and download the latest version of Dave from there.

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/tools/landing/infineontoolbox.html

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Vasanth
Hi,

Could you please share the code you are using so that we can try to recreate the issue at our end ? Also what is the app version you are using at your end ?(You can right click and check on properties)

Best Regards,
Vasanth
0 Likes
User22557
Level 1
Level 1
Vasanth wrote:
Hi,

Could you please share the code you are using so that we can try to recreate the issue at our end ? Also what is the app version you are using at your end ?(You can right click and check on properties)

Best Regards,
Vasanth

I didn't change any code of main, it is the folowing:

#include //Declarations from DAVE Code Generation (includes SFR declaration)

/**

* @brief main() - Application entry point
* Details of function

* This routine is the application entry point. It is invoked by the device startup code. It is responsible for
* invoking the APP initialization dispatcher routine - DAVE_Init() and hosting the place-holder for user application
* code.
*/

int main(void)
{
DAVE_STATUS_t status;

status = DAVE_Init(); /* Initialization of DAVE APPs */

if(status != DAVE_STATUS_SUCCESS)
{
/* Placeholder for error handler code. The while loop below can be replaced with an user error handler. */
XMC_DEBUG("DAVE APPs initialization failed\n");

while(1U)
{

}
}

/* Placeholder for user application code. The while loop below can be replaced with user application code. */

while(1U)
{

}
}

The Dave version is 4.4.2 and i made the updates of the library automatically.
I went to properties but i didn't found the version of the library .
Another problem that i have is that when i try to download in infineon website the latest version of XMC Lib or Dave APPs, it opens a new tab and quickly closes it and nothing happens.

In the "Help contents" i found this versions:

5342.attach
0 Likes
Vasanth
Hi Tiago Rocha,

Could you please try using the latest version of Dave ? You can install Infineon toolbox and download the latest version of Dave from there.

Best Regards,
Vasanth
0 Likes
User22557
Level 1
Level 1
Vasanth wrote:
Hi Tiago Rocha,

Best Regards,
Vasanth

Thanks for trying to help. I think i found a solution. I've downloaded the latest version of XMC Lib, copy the files inside the folder XMCLib>inc and paste inside the folder inc of the project [Project name]>Libraries>XMCLib>inc. The problem of this is that i will have to make this procedure every time i create a new project.

Best Regards

Tiago Rocha
0 Likes
Vasanth
Hi Tiago,

Happy to know that the issue is resolved.

Best Regards,
Vasanth
0 Likes