3 Bit error on startup

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User22423
Level 1
Level 1
I am currently programming a bootloader for a tc22x. If the download runs without interruption, everything is as expected. If the download is interrupted, the tc22x ends up in an error when it is restarted.
The Flash Status Register Flash0_FSR shows an uncorrectable 3 bit error (PFMBER) after startup. The BootLoader is not started.

- Does anyone know anything about this problem?
- How can I check the flash before rebooting?
- How can I correct the flash before rebooting?

Thank you for your support.
0 Likes
1 Solution
Darren_Galpin
Employee
Employee
First solution authored First like received
Hi,

The data written into the Flash is ECC protected, so if a Flash write has been interrupted, the ECC is most likely incorrect, which is giving you the multi-bit error. To check that the Flash write/download worked correctly, you could read the contents of the Flash you have just written to check that the contents match. If they do, and no error is reported, the contents are ok and you can do the reboot. If there was an interruption, then you can erase the logical sector that was corrupted and reprogram from that point onwards.

Cheers,

Darren

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Darren_Galpin
Employee
Employee
First solution authored First like received
Hi,

The data written into the Flash is ECC protected, so if a Flash write has been interrupted, the ECC is most likely incorrect, which is giving you the multi-bit error. To check that the Flash write/download worked correctly, you could read the contents of the Flash you have just written to check that the contents match. If they do, and no error is reported, the contents are ok and you can do the reboot. If there was an interruption, then you can erase the logical sector that was corrupted and reprogram from that point onwards.

Cheers,

Darren
0 Likes
User22423
Level 1
Level 1
Hallo Darren,

thank you for your reply.

I am already checking the flash written with the data received, but I am not deleting the flash sector.

I will test it and hope if that solves my problem.

Have a nice day

treak
0 Likes