XMC4100 Multi Phase Shift - How To? Event link not available by APPs

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User22406
Level 1
Level 1
Hello, i would like to use the XMC4100 for Multi-Phase PWM applications. There are lots of documentation available, stating that it would be possible to use a compare channel to trigger the start of a slave CCU8 slice.

Eg like page 19: https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-IP_CCU8_XMC-TR-v01_02-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d4624ad04ef9014b0780b...
5287.attach

But how is this done on the XMC4100? The app(s) and/or Hardware-signals dont shot such a route/connection:

- Setup of 2 clean HRPWM (Same for CCU8!)

-> Compare2 event output of HRPWM0
5288.attach

HRPWM1 input Event
5291.attach

No option for Event connection:
5290.attach

Whats wrong? How to fix? Is it a hardware or a DAVE APP problem? Same workflow on XMC4500 shows an event0 input at HRPWM1 in this place! Whats different on the CCU8 between XMC4100 and XMC4500 - application notes are written as like CCU8 units would be identical!? Plase note: Same problem for "pure" CCU8 as well. Thanks a lot!
0 Likes
3 Replies
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted
Hi,

Can you please let us know for which device you need HRPWM, as HRPWM is not supported in XMC 4500 device.
Can you explain us more on your requirement.

Regards
Alakananda
Alakananda
0 Likes
User22406
Level 1
Level 1
Hi, thanks for reply.

Im using the XMC4100. The Problem described is the same for CCU8 or HRPWM. (The HRPWM is more or less only an additional APP to configurre the CCU8 functionality.) So doing the same CCU8 phase-shift-event-link on the 4500 works, but fails on 4100. So i guess, Either there is some undocumented difference bewteen their CCU8 units and the Trainings are wrong - or there is a problem with the APPs? Is there a work-around or hint for solution?

My requirement: I want to control a phase-shifted multiphase (2 or 4 Phases) DCDC-Buck-Type Converter with 100 kHz and i choosed the XMC4100 for Hardware based on the online trainings and documentation.

Thank you for help!
0 Likes
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted
Hi,

Can you please share the project so that we can have a look at it and also, acn you let us know which region is this opportunity and also business case so that we can provide an FAE support.

Regards
Alakananda
Alakananda
0 Likes