Battery Pack Testing System (650kW)

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User22320
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted
Select models: FF300R12ME4 and FF300R17ME4. Intend to use the IGBT internal NTC resistor as the overheat protection sampling. What temperature is appropriate for the overheat protection setting?

选用型号:ff300r12me4和ff300r17me4. 打算使用igbt内部的ntc电阻作为过热保 护 采样,过热保护点设置到多少温度合 适 ?
0 Likes
1 Solution
AlexG
Welcome! 10 solutions authored 10 replies posted
Dear Walt,

The delta between the temperature of the NTC and the Tvj differs under different cooling conditions.
We cannot give a universal advice that works for all operating conditions of the modules.
To accurately determine this delta under certain operation conditions, it is best to measure the temperatures inside a module with an IR camera.
To do this you will need black painted modules with no gel inside.
Other option is the modules with thermocouples glued to the chips inside the module.

You can order both options through your sales channel.

Some further details about the use of NTC you can find here.

BR
AlexG

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
AlexG
Welcome! 10 solutions authored 10 replies posted
Dear Walt,

The delta between the temperature of the NTC and the Tvj differs under different cooling conditions.
We cannot give a universal advice that works for all operating conditions of the modules.
To accurately determine this delta under certain operation conditions, it is best to measure the temperatures inside a module with an IR camera.
To do this you will need black painted modules with no gel inside.
Other option is the modules with thermocouples glued to the chips inside the module.

You can order both options through your sales channel.

Some further details about the use of NTC you can find here.

BR
AlexG
0 Likes