AURIX Tools for SIL2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User22393
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

I would like to use TC3XX for a SIL2 (IEC 61508) I/O module - non AUTOSAR. I have found the below SW and tools. But I have some questions:

Compiler: HighTec or Tasking. Is the compiler qualification toolkit required for SIL2?
Self test: The AURIX MCUs have LBIST, MBIST and lockstep cores etc. Is the SafeTPack library really required for SIL2? As I know,
built in HW safety features can be used at startup only as they are destructive. For cyclic tests during runtime, is a SW based self test required(e.g: MARCH test for SRAM)?
Debugger: Is the MiniWiggler can be used within HighTec and Tasking IDE?
RTOS: SafeRTOS or PXROS. Which one do you recommend?

Thanks.
0 Likes
1 Solution
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored
SafeTPack implements many of the external safety mechanisms listed in the Safety Manual (ESM[SW]). Many customers either develop those on their own, or choose not to implement them.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
User22393
Level 1
Level 1
Up! Any reply?
0 Likes
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
Infineon just makes the chip: please check with our respective partners for those questions.

Many of the built-in hardware safety mechanisms are continuous. For RAM in particular, consider performing an MBIST at startup., Then just rely on the built-in ECC mechanisms to detect any errors that might occur during runtime. Refer to the Safety Manual for more information.
0 Likes
User22393
Level 1
Level 1
UC_wrangler wrote:
Infineon just makes the chip: please check with our respective partners for those questions.

Many of the built-in hardware safety mechanisms are continuous. For RAM in particular, consider performing an MBIST at startup., Then just rely on the built-in ECC mechanisms to detect any errors that might occur during runtime. Refer to the Safety Manual for more information.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. But I think it's wrong to regard Infineon as only chip manufacturer. It also produces software tools and libraries (Dave, MCAL, iLLd etc). For XMC series it provides comprehensive set of solutions (compiler, debugger, libraries) but for AURIX even the technical support is provided via third parties. This is different from what its competitors offer; that makes it difficult to work with it particularly for SMEs.
The cost to start a new project from scratch is > 100k€ (tools + safety library) which may not be affordable for most SMEs.

For the question regarding safety library, it is needed to fulfill the requirements of the safety manual therefore the MCU itself can not be considered as a safety product without those SW checks. Then why is it provided via third party? It is a must for all applications which make use of AURIX.
0 Likes
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
SafeTPack implements many of the external safety mechanisms listed in the Safety Manual (ESM[SW]). Many customers either develop those on their own, or choose not to implement them.
0 Likes