DC-DC converter boost with IMC102

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Mahimc2020
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins
I want to increase the voltage from 48 volts to 400 volts with the controller imc102 and boost topology.
Is this controller can act as a boost converter dc-dc ?
Please guide me in this regard.
0 Likes
1 Solution
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received
Hi,
We don't recommend using IMC102T as a controller for DC-DC Boost converter. IMC102T is designed to support PFC+one motor applications. You can use a dedicated boost controller IC to fulfill this requirement.

Thank you
Raj Chaudhari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored
Hello,

Could you please let us know if you want to use IMC102 as a DC-DC boost converter or do you want to know if it can be used with a 48V to 400V boost converter?
According to my understanding there was a 48V power board and now it is to be replaced with a 400V power board. Kindly let me know if my understanding of the issue is correct.

Thanks and Regards
Ekta
0 Likes
Mahimc2020
Level 2
Level 2
Hi
Thanks for the reply.
I'm going to use a solar panel to start the PMSM motor. While the motor has a voltage back EMF 220 volts and I need a voltage bus of 400 volts. Now I want to use IMC102 for convert 48 volts panel to 400 volts.
Can I do this?
In the initial test with the panel, IC IMC102 gave a network frequency fault and by disabling it, it was in stop mode and did not start.
What solution do you suggest for me?
thanks.
0 Likes
Raj_C
Hi
"I'm going to use a solar panel to start the PMSM motor. While the motor has a voltage back EMF 220 volts and I need a voltage bus of 400 volts. Now I want to use IMC102 for convert 48 volts panel to 400 volts.
Can I do this?"
No, This is not possible. As IMC102 is not a power module.

"In the initial test with the panel, IC IMC102 gave a network frequency fault and by disabling it, it was in stop mode and did not start.
What solution do you suggest for me?"
Can you please share the screenshot of the fault you are observing in MCE designer?

Thank you
Raj Chaudhari
0 Likes
Mahimc2020
Level 2
Level 2
Hi
Thanks for the reply.
In the first part, I think you did not understand what I meant.I know that IMC102 is not a power module. I used the module IPM IFCM15P60GD. My problem is with the PFC controller in IMC102.
If I have input DC 48Volt, I can with this controller (IMC102) Reach the bus voltage 400 volt?
What solution do you suggest for me?
thanks.
0 Likes
Raj_C
Hi,
I understand that you want to use IMC102 to control the Boost converter. Could you please provide more clarification regarding the power module that you are using?
Are you using the EVAL-M3-CM615PN or did you develop a custom power module using IFCM15P60GD device which has DC input to it?

EVAL-M3-CM615PN requires you to use AC input to operate. Please refer to the EVAL-M3-CM615PN User Manual for details regarding the input characteristics of the power module.

Thank you
Raj Chaudhari
0 Likes
Raj_C
Hi,
We don't recommend using IMC102T as a controller for DC-DC Boost converter. IMC102T is designed to support PFC+one motor applications. You can use a dedicated boost controller IC to fulfill this requirement.

Thank you
Raj Chaudhari
0 Likes