Can I use Sense2GoL Pulse Dev kit to detect static objects

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User22177
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked
I've been given a Sense2GoL Dev kit to research the possibility of several different applications. One of these applications relies on the ability to detect static objects (need to be able to calulate wall thickness). Was wondering if this is possible given that Sense2GoL and Distance2GoL have same hardware or is this impossible? If this is possible can I use provided Distance2GoL software or is it the case that I need to program the board from scratch?
0 Likes
1 Solution
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 5 questions asked 250 sign-ins

Hello,

Both radar sensors, Distance2GoL and Sense2GoL Pulse, are not suitable for distance measurements of static targets.

• Sense2GoL Pulse is not suitable at all, as it is a Doppler radar and thus can only measure velocities.
  • Distance2GoL is not suitable with it's current algorithm, as this is designed to detect the distance to closest human or vibrating target. Implementing an own algorithm using range FFT data should work.

Alternative radar sensors are Position2Go (also 24 GHz), which can detect also static targets in Radar GUI, and in the 60 GHz market for example BGT60TR13C, which should also work well for distances up to 4 m as described by customer.

Distance2GoL and Sense2GoL Pulse Demo kits, have the same Radar Baseboard XMC4700 and different RF shields.

Best Regards,
Montassar.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 5 questions asked 250 sign-ins

Hello,

Both radar sensors, Distance2GoL and Sense2GoL Pulse, are not suitable for distance measurements of static targets.

• Sense2GoL Pulse is not suitable at all, as it is a Doppler radar and thus can only measure velocities.
  • Distance2GoL is not suitable with it's current algorithm, as this is designed to detect the distance to closest human or vibrating target. Implementing an own algorithm using range FFT data should work.

Alternative radar sensors are Position2Go (also 24 GHz), which can detect also static targets in Radar GUI, and in the 60 GHz market for example BGT60TR13C, which should also work well for distances up to 4 m as described by customer.

Distance2GoL and Sense2GoL Pulse Demo kits, have the same Radar Baseboard XMC4700 and different RF shields.

Best Regards,
Montassar.