Position2Go Multiple frames transmission/reception using Matlab

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User22050
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked
Hello,

I'm using the Position2Go board with the provided Matlab code. I've used the code to successfully transmit/receive one frame obtain a [fast-time x antennas x slow-time] cube using the function
oRS.oEPRadarBase.get_frame_data
(oRS being the RadarSystem object generated by the provided code).

I would like to know which parameter I need to change in the RadarSystem object or which function I need to call to transmit/receive multiple frames, so to obtain a [fast-time x antennas x slow-time x frames] 4-dimensional array.

So far my initialization code is the following, with parameters from an external global structure "p" (p.fs, p.N, p.Ns, p.B_kHz, ...) :

% Create radar system object
szPort = findRSPort; % find the right COM Port
oRS = RadarSystem(szPort); % creates the Radarsystem API object

% Set endpoint properties
% The automatic trigger runs after startup by default
oRS.oEPRadarADCXMC.samplerate_Hz = p.fs; % updates the chirp duration oRS.oEPRadarBase.chirp_duration_ns (upchirp time)
oRS.oEPRadarBase.stop_automatic_frame_trigger; % stop it to change values
%oRS.oEPRadarBase.set_automatic_frame_trigger(1000000);
oRS.oEPRadarFMCW.lower_frequency_kHz = 24.025e9 / 1000; % lower FMCW frequency
oRS.oEPRadarFMCW.upper_frequency_kHz = oRS.oEPRadarFMCW.lower_frequency_kHz + p.B_kHz; % upper FMCW frequency
oRS.oEPRadarFMCW.tx_power = oRS.oEPRadarBase.max_tx_power; % or put an integer value between [0,7], 0 being the lowest power level and 7 the highest
oRS.oEPRadarP2G.pga_level_val = 0; % put an integer value between [0,7], 0 being the lowest power level and 7 the highest
oRS.oEPRadarBase.num_chirps_per_frame = p.N;
oRS.oEPRadarBase.num_samples_per_chirp = p.Ns; % % updates the chirp duration oRS.oEPRadarBase.chirp_duration_ns (upchirp time). Ns up to 4095 for single RX channel
oRS.oEPRadarBase.rx_mask = bin2dec('0011'); % enable RX1 & RX2 antenna
oRS.oEPRadarFMCW.direction = 'Up Only';

Thank you for your help!
0 Likes
0 Replies