EBU and IBUSERR

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User21913
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

I'm working with the EBU on XMC4700 (code is in the non-cached flash region).
I sometimes see strange issues were IBUSERR flag is raised on the UsageFault Status Register (UFSR 0xE000ED2A).

Analyzing the $psp callstack in the fault interrupt I do not see any issues.
The problem is quite difficult to track down. Adding a simple function can get rid of the problem, while the issue can reappear
when another function is added.

Interestingly I cannot reproduce the problem when the code is flashed to cached region.

Could this be caused by EBU misconfiguration? Any ideas how to find the root cause of the problem?

Thanks
0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked
Hi Andriy,

Also check this errata.
https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-ErrataSheet_XMC4700_XMC4800_AA-ES-v01_04-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d4...

Section : PORTS_CM.H002 Class A2 pins GPIO driver strength configuration

make sure you have set the drive mode correctly or have added the damping resistors if this is the issue.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Vasanth
Hi,

Could you please share more details of your project. Would you be able share your configuration and settings so that we can try to recreate it at our end.

Best Regards,
Vasanth
0 Likes
User21913
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
I'll try to come up with a simple example to reproduce the problem.
0 Likes
Vasanth
Hi Andriy,

Also check this errata.
https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-ErrataSheet_XMC4700_XMC4800_AA-ES-v01_04-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d4...

Section : PORTS_CM.H002 Class A2 pins GPIO driver strength configuration

make sure you have set the drive mode correctly or have added the damping resistors if this is the issue.

Best Regards,
Vasanth
0 Likes