CAN with APP for XMC1400 Boot Kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User21837
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First question asked First reply posted
Hi there,
I am trying to create an application that uses CAN on the XMC1400 Boot Kit. I downloaded the example XMC1400_BlinkyMCAN_withApps and it works fine.
Then I tried to create my app, but it did not work, even though I configured the CAN_NODE APP exactly like the example.
APP version on my code is 4.1.24 and on the example is 4.1.10. DAVE version is 4.4.2.
After analyzing the generated DAVE code, the way to fix it was to copy the implementation of the function CAN_NODE_Init(const CAN_NODE_t* handle) from file can_node.c and
on file global_can.c changing the function XMC_CAN_InitEx to XMC_CAN_Init.
With those changes on the generated files, the project works as expected.
Is there a way to solve it without the need of modifiying the auto generated files?
Thanks for your response,
Alex
0 Likes
3 Replies
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked
Hi,

Have you checked the APPs update option available in Dave ? Right click on you project from the project explorer -> Dave Project Upgrade -> APPs upgrade.
This way you can upgrade the app and don't have to modify the generated code.

Now if the apps have different implementations across versions, you may have to modify your code accordingly.

Best Regards,
Vasanth
0 Likes
User21837
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First question asked First reply posted
Hi,
I do not have to upgrade, old version of the example XMC1400_BlinkyMCAN_withApps works. The problems is the new version of CAN_NODE.
However, I tried to update, and I could not, because all apps are updated to the latest version.
So my question remains the same, is there a way to use the latest version of CAN_NODE without the need of modifiying the auto generated files?
Thanks for your response,
Alex
0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked
Hi,

As per the current architecture it might not be possible. You modify the generated file based code and add as a different source and use it as a workaround, so that it wont get removed on regeneration.

Best Regards,
Vasanth
0 Likes