Usb vcom xmc4700

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User21854
Level 1
Level 1
Hello, I am currently using the following DAVE example USBD_VCOM_XMC47 on XMC4700. It works, I am able to see the traffic with docklight on windows.

I would like to know the speed of the emitted message and if it is possible to modify it, if yes where in the source code ?

Do you know a windows software which is able to detect the speed/baudrate of the communication ?

Thanks for your quick feedback.

Regards,

Stéphane
0 Likes
4 Replies
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked
1:Windows Software: http://perisoft.net/bushound/buy.htm
2: I need sometime to confirm whether the clock could be modify or how to modify?
0 Likes
LinglingG_46
I would like to know the speed of the emitted message and if it is possible to modify it, if yes where in the source code ?

The speed is 48Mhz.
The USB bus clock is set to 48mhz. One part is the attenuation factor of the transmission cable itself.
The other part is the limitation of the specification in order to be compatible with the low-speed transmission of USB1.1.
0 Likes
User21854
Level 1
Level 1
Hello, thanks for the information

I do not understand the 48Mhz. Because in the datasheet of the XMC4700, the speed is set to 12MHz.

Does it mean that USB COM is faster than classical USB ?

Please clarify.

Thanks

5192.attach
0 Likes
LinglingG_46
Hi

Does it mean that USB COM is faster than classical USB ?
No, USB 2.0 data transfer at 12Mbit/s, one could perform a brute-force oversampling of data using a 48Mhz clock to extract the data. 12Mbps means the data transfer speed, but the 48Mhz means the sampling clock, they belongs two aspects.
0 Likes