FOC COMPATIBILITY WITH XMC1302xxx VERSION

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User14451
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted
Hallo All,
someone of us has found the same problem?

I have developed a control with FOC Lib (ver. 4.2.45) using the Q024 version of XMC1302 with 64kB flash size.

Now I am trying to migrate to SAME PROCESSOR (with 64kB) but in TSSOP-28 pin-out and, surprise!!, that version of Lib is not supported. I have to work with ver 4.2.12!

This is really strange. I cannot make any Device Migration but I have to develop different solutions.

So, first I would like to know:

• differences between 4.2.12 and 4.2.45 in FOC LIB in order to understand if I can use the older version without any problem
  • why the 28-pin version is not supported? 28-pin version has same GPIO Ports (P0.x, P1,x and P2.x) and 4 more I/O's

This is a little bit difficult to understand for me. I am a little bit worried about using an older version of FOC Lib.

Thank you very much for your support

Best Regards

Fabio
0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked
Hi Fabio,

Could you share the project you are using ? As this is a beta version and not to a public release, the support is limited only to public release version. But we will try to replicate and solve the issue.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Vasanth
Hi Fabio,

The latest Dave app available is 4.2.14. Could you please let me know the source for FOC Lib (ver. 4.2.45) you have mentioned ?

Best Regards,
Vasanth
0 Likes
User14451
Level 2
Level 2
Hello Vasanth,
thank you so much for your kind reply.
To be honest it's a little bit hard to remember exactly where the LIB comes from.
I can tell you that your FAE Mr. Alessandro Manfrè came to us and followed us for few weeks. In that occasion he passed us some demo projects.
Maybe there where some project in wich the LIB is the 4.2.45
I have to underline that 4.2.45 is marked as a BETA VERSION.

I hope this helpes. If necessary, I can investigate deeper.

Thank you

Best Regards

Fabio
0 Likes
Vasanth
Hi Fabio,

Could you share the project you are using ? As this is a beta version and not to a public release, the support is limited only to public release version. But we will try to replicate and solve the issue.

Best Regards,
Vasanth
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
User14451
Level 2
Level 2
Hello Vasanth,
the whole project belongs to the final client, so I cannot share the whole project.
I attach a project that is only the CORE VERSION of the full project. It contains some other stuff (UART, ADC readings, E_EEPROM emulation, and some other DIGITAL I/O's,
but I suppose they do not affect the problem of the migration).
Please help me because I tried many way (changing the .manifest of the FOC and PWM apps), the xmc.device.c file, but with no success.
Maybe there are other XML files that are involved in the building and migration processes.

Thank you very much for your help!

Best Regards

Ciao

Fabio
0 Likes