Cannot Add APPS and APP Dependency Tree Error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User21820
Level 1
Level 1
Hi, I am new to DAVE and I've just installed version 4.4.2.

An error has shown up in the APP Dependency Tree, thus making me unable to add APPs. I've tried doing the suggested
solutions from the older threads having a similar problem:

Solution 1
1. Help > Install DAVE APP/Example/Device Library...
2. Select DAVE APPs Library Manager
3. Uncheck the filter "Hide items that are already updated"
4. For the libraries, select Device Pack and Library DAVE Description, then Select Next to update the installation again.

Solution 2
1. Close DAVE IDE.
2. Delete the DAVE library store folder manually.
3. Re-launch DAVE
4. Help > Install DAVE APP/Example/Device Library...
5. Select "DAVE APPs Library Manager" to install the DAVE libraries again.
To know where your library store is installed, in DAVE4, you can goto: "Windows > Preference > DAVE > Library Manager"

However, the DAVE APPs Library Manager won't pop-up in either solutions. What might be the problem?
0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked
Hello,

Is this error limited to a single project or across projects? If it's the former can you please attach your project?

If the latter, as part of the DAVE installation, all the library resources are installed at this path: "Dave\D_LibraryStore_4.4\resources"

Do you have any anti-virus installed? Can you please disable it and reinstall Dave again? All the APP components that you see are fetched from the resources folder and I believe that somehow one or more files are missing that's causing the error.

Also which device are you using? Based on the device used, check if the related folder for the device exists in the resources folder. For example, if you are using the XMC4500-F144 device, then there will be a folder named "XMC4.5.00.F144.ALL which will contain all the APP dependencies.

Let me know if you see the folder corresponding to your device as well.

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked
Hello,

Is this error limited to a single project or across projects? If it's the former can you please attach your project?

If the latter, as part of the DAVE installation, all the library resources are installed at this path: "Dave\D_LibraryStore_4.4\resources"

Do you have any anti-virus installed? Can you please disable it and reinstall Dave again? All the APP components that you see are fetched from the resources folder and I believe that somehow one or more files are missing that's causing the error.

Also which device are you using? Based on the device used, check if the related folder for the device exists in the resources folder. For example, if you are using the XMC4500-F144 device, then there will be a folder named "XMC4.5.00.F144.ALL which will contain all the APP dependencies.

Let me know if you see the folder corresponding to your device as well.

Regards,
Dheeraj
0 Likes