Flash and debug .elf file in Aurix Development Studio

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User21369
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First reply posted First question asked
Hi!

I've been trying to debug and .elf file in Aurix Development Studio.

I use a TC38x MCU with a miniwiggler v3 and I would like to flash/debug and externally compiled program. For compiling TASKING compiler is used so as I know it should be compatible with ADS.

I've already tried to import the elf file as a "C/C++ Executable" and as a "TASKING Tricore C/C++ Executbale File for Debugging" but I could not create a proper debug configuration. The ADS always complains about the missing target configuration.

Do I miss something in connection with the configuration?

Does anybody know any kind of resource related to the topic? Or if you have already done debugging of an external elf file I would appreaciate your experience too.

Thank you for your help in advance.
5 Replies
NABICHAN
Level 2
Level 2
25 sign-ins 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

Hi,

I am facing same issue, how did you mitigate?

0 Likes
barna_peto
Level 2
Level 2
First like received 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Is there any news on this ? We are facing the same issue. We are using an external build toolchain, and we would like to use the Aurix Development studio for debugging purposes only. So this means I would like to flash the elf files and also include the project files in the IDE so I am able to browse the code and set breakpoints, etc.

Is it possible ?

To setup the Aurix Development studio so that it builds the code is beyond our scope. We just want to use the tool for debugging.

0 Likes
JGPark
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Hi guys,

Have you guys tried to set your project active and then create a debug configuration?

I just found this idea.

0 Likes
safetyWizard
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First like given Welcome!

Any news on this use case? It seems like more people is interested on debugging programs NOT build with the TASKING tool chain.

0 Likes

Hi, It depends on the Hardware you are using. We used miniwiggler and we were able to put it into debug mode.

0 Likes