Motor control shield with IFX007T not working (Arduino)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User21799
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,

I purchased a Motor control shield with IFX007T for Arduino.
I have a 125W BLDC motor with Hall sensors. First I tried the code hosted on github from Infineon, the motor did only start to jerk violently with both examples (with back EMF and with hall sensors, I tried both versions after having resoldered the corresponding resistors on the board).
I have now started to build my own code to run the bldc motor. It works with block commutation, but the motor is loud and getting hot - but it turns. I am now trying to build sinusoidal control to make the motion smoother. I noticed that the PWM signal on the arduino looks fine (oscilloscope) but as soon as I connect the board, the arduino resets often (not reproducible at a specific point, but it happens a lot).
Does anybody have a clue what could be the problem here?

I have set the PWM frequency on the arduino to ~32kHz and I'm using a genuine Arduino Uno. The power supply for the motor is a 12V 40A power supply. The motor can handle 125W and 24V. I only apply the PWM to the IN pins, the INH pins are always high.

EDIT: I noticed that the three IFX007T are getting really hot when driven with a PWM signal even with no load attached to them, why could that be?

Thx,
Linus
0 Likes
0 Replies