BGT24LTR11 and FMCW

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User11520
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted
Hello everyone,
I would use the BGT24LTR11 evaluation board (https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN472_BGT24LTR11N16_users_guide-ApplicationNotes-v01_04-EN.pd...) in FMCW mode by applying a sawtooth wave at the V_TUNE pin.
I check the IF signal, after an additional amplification stage with my oscilloscope but I see only the modulating sawtooth wave itself.
I cannot understand if it is required to change in the hardware configuration of the board to be used in FMCW mode or if I can do something to avoid the modulating signal going towards the IF pin.
Did someone use this board in FMCW rather than CW?
Thanks in advance,
0 Likes
1 Solution
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
5 questions asked 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

The Demo Sense2GoLPulse kit (embedding a BGT24LTR11 RF Shield), is designed for speed and direction of movement detection using pulsed Doppler operation and not FMCW.

Using this kit in FMCW requires a HW changes on the BGT24LTR11 RF Shield, which is the case for the Demo Distance2GoL kit.

Thus, for FMCW modulation technique, it would be better to use the Distance2GoL kit, designed to use a SW-controlled FMCW for range measurements & 1D tracking of humans.

Cheers,
Montassar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
User11520
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted
Is there someone who can help me?
0 Likes
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
Hello emacar,

Can you please specify which Board are you using ? The BGT24LTR11 radar sensor is embedded in the DEMO DISTANCE2GOL, DEMO SENSE2GOL PULSE, DEMO SENSE2GOL and EVAL BGT24LTR11.

Best Regards,
Montassar.
0 Likes
User22177
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked
I have similar issue and am using Demo Sense2GoL Pulse.
0 Likes
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee

The Demo Sense2GoLPulse kit (embedding a BGT24LTR11 RF Shield), is designed for speed and direction of movement detection using pulsed Doppler operation and not FMCW.

Using this kit in FMCW requires a HW changes on the BGT24LTR11 RF Shield, which is the case for the Demo Distance2GoL kit.

Thus, for FMCW modulation technique, it would be better to use the Distance2GoL kit, designed to use a SW-controlled FMCW for range measurements & 1D tracking of humans.

Cheers,
Montassar.

0 Likes