Programming issues via uart with memtools

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User13827
Level 1
Level 1
First like received
Hello,
I use the xmc1202 in my own board and load the program via uart (p0.14 and p0.15). The BMI is ASC_BSL with timeout. I have programmed several microcontrollers without problems, but there are always some that do not start after programming. The programming is always the same and there are no differences.
It seems like the microcontroller timer won't start and the fw is stuck somewhere. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?
Observation: if I load the FW with memtools and at the end the verify is wrong, then the fw runs. But if the verify is good, then the fw does not run.
Microcontroller: xmc1202
programming tool: memtools
programming interface: uart
I would be very grateful for any hint or recommendation.
Many thanks in advance.

Pablo
0 Likes
1 Solution
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted
Hi,

When I tried to do verify, it is working at my end.
I have attached the screenshot below.
Can you also attach the screenshot of your memtool window, you can also send us the hex file so that we can verify at our end.

Regards
Alakananda
Alakananda

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
User13827
Level 1
Level 1
First like received
Hi,

I have found the problem. It was my own error in my code. There is still one question: After programming with memtools, it does a verify. The verify is always "failure" and my fw always works without problems. Can someone tell me how to test what is going wrong with the verify?
Thanks in advance.
Pablo
0 Likes
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted
Hi,

When I tried to do verify, it is working at my end.
I have attached the screenshot below.
Can you also attach the screenshot of your memtool window, you can also send us the hex file so that we can verify at our end.

Regards
Alakananda
Alakananda
0 Likes