Flash and debug .hex file in Aurix Development Studio

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User21369
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First reply posted First question asked
Hi!

I'm using a TC38x MCU and I have been searching for a solution to flash and debug an already existing .hex file in Aurix Development Studio.

The MCU is connected to the PC via a MiniWiggler V3 DAP and I would like to load an external .hex file onto the MCU. I understand that I should create a debug/flash configuration in order to execute the flashing, but i did not find any way to import/add and external .hex file to the project.

Shall I modify the existing path where the IDE searches for the generated hex file after building? Because it's an external hex file it would be great if i did not need to build the whole project every time i would like to flash the binary file.

I appreciate every kind of related knowledge who has already done similar task.

Thank you for your response in advance.
0 Likes
5 Replies
User21369
Level 1
Level 1
I was also planning to debug the external file so I thought it would be easier if I could do the flashing and debugging with the same program.
0 Likes
teoBits
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins 100 replies posted 50 replies posted
If you need to debug the hex file with the ADS, you need to compile and flash it with ADS, you cannot use the debugger of ADS (TASKING) to debug an external hex file
0 Likes
User21369
Level 1
Level 1
The mentioned hex file is compiled with Tasking compiler, but not in ADS. According to what you said I assume it could be possible to somehow attach the hex file to a new empty project, right?
0 Likes
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored
You could do something crazy like import the hex file into a constant array in your application. For example:

const unsigned char hexdata[4096] = { 0x00, 0x04, 0xFE, ... } __at( 0xA0040000 );
0 Likes