Foc library motor stop does not really stops the motor

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User14451
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted
Hallo All,

I am using the FOC library (v.4.2.45) in DAVE 4.4.2, with a project built for XMC1302-Q024-64.

I have this problem, I hope someone can help me.

Generally speaking, a MOTOR STOP function works correctly if it really stops the motor; I mean that with some features ( normally with DC voltage injected but not only this) the uC controls the motor speed until the motor is really stopped at ZERO RPM.

The motor_stop command in the FOC library does only leave the motor to run free. Is there any chance to improve this command performing a really STOP FUNCTION?

Thank you very much for your help

Best Regards

Fabio
0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked
Hi Fabio,

As of now we do not have this implemented in code. We do have to improve the codes in future, so this will be also considered.

Now regarding your specific use case, how are you planning to implement this braking on your code ?

Additionally with high load dynamics , this can also damage your board , so you need to be cautious on what you do with hard braking.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked
Hi Fabio,

As of now we do not have this implemented in code. We do have to improve the codes in future, so this will be also considered.

Now regarding your specific use case, how are you planning to implement this braking on your code ?

Additionally with high load dynamics , this can also damage your board , so you need to be cautious on what you do with hard braking.

Best Regards,
Vasanth
0 Likes