Ethernet connection XMC4800

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User21593
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored
Hello,

I´m trying to send TCP Protocols through ethernet witth the XMC4800 to another device. Therefor I used the IOT-example (https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/promopages/aim-mc/dave_downloads.html) as a foundation for my code. When I run the example with my individual ÍP-, Gateway- and Mac-Adress it works. But when I try to run my own code, the debugger stays in the following if condition :
5095.attach.

Does anybody know this problem?

Thanks for your help.
Best Regards,
Maxi
0 Likes
1 Solution
rst
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored Welcome!
In register ETH0_GMII_ADDRESS.PA, you need to write the address of the Phy chip (range: 1 ... 31). You das it?
If this address is unknown, so: When initializing Ethernet Phy, you can search for Phy-address by enumerating all addresses in the range 1 ... 31. And try to read Phy at every address.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
User16249
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! First reply posted
Hi!

Did you set PHY address to 1? Default is 0 and it didn't work for me either....

Regards,
Hubert
0 Likes
User21593
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored
Hey,

Sorry for my late response! Thanks for your reply. Yes, I tried to change the PHY address but it didn´t worked. Did the example code worked for you with the other PHY address?

Regards,
maxi
0 Likes
rst
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored Welcome!
In register ETH0_GMII_ADDRESS.PA, you need to write the address of the Phy chip (range: 1 ... 31). You das it?
If this address is unknown, so: When initializing Ethernet Phy, you can search for Phy-address by enumerating all addresses in the range 1 ... 31. And try to read Phy at every address.
0 Likes