Debug Port Secured Error Message

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
5 likes given 100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins
Hello,

I am working on my hardware which uses TC377TP MCU and when I try to attach Lauterbach Trace32 device, I am getting error message “debug port secured error” message. However after I do “CPU -> In Target Reset” using Trace32 I can attach and debug the MCU.

Can you please clarify why I am seeing this error message and how to eliminate this error. I don’t see this behavior on the evaluation board.
0 Likes
1 Solution
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
If there was programmed a valid BMHD to the device before? What are the connections on HWCFG3,4 and 5? What is the state of ESR0?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
VincentWan
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi

What did you do to the TC377 or Lauterbach before this message occurred?
In normal case, this message only appears if you have DBGIFLCK set in UCB_DBG.
Please also check with Lauterbach support on the message.
Thanks.
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
If there was programmed a valid BMHD to the device before? What are the connections on HWCFG3,4 and 5? What is the state of ESR0?
0 Likes
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
5 likes given 100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins
Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. There was no valid BMHD on my board. I thought my Trace32 script was programming the BMHD, but apparently looks like it was not. I recached out to Trace32 guys and they pointed to the Trace32 script which I can use for programming BMHD. After I programmed BMHD, I don’t see this issue.
0 Likes