Trace pins for XMC4700 100 pins debug interface

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User14952
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!
Hi.
I am used to use the XMC4700F144 and I have debug and trace functionality using pins (TCK, TMS, TDI, TDO, TRST, ETM_TRACECLK, ETM_TRACEDATA0, ETM_TRACEDATA1, ETM_TRACEDATA2, ETM_TRACEDATA3).
To be able to choose these pins in DAVE I need to choose in CPU_CTRL_XMC4 APP --> "General Setting" --> "debug interface" --> SWD+ETM.
For a new poject I would like to use a similar MCU but with 100 pins, probably a XMC4700F100. However in DAVE when I create a project with a XMC4700F100
CPU_CTRL_XMC4 APP --> "General Setting" --> "debug interface" -->SWD+ETM does not appears and I think I will not have access to the ETM instructon trace, somethink I really would like to have.
In addition in XMC Pinout Tool V2.1.10 when I choose a 100 pins XMC4700 I only have the option for TCK, TMS, TDI, TDO, TRST, ETM_TRACECLK, ETM_TRACEDATA3, but I did not find in DAVE
CPU_CTRL_XMC4 APP --> "General Setting" --> "debug interface" WHICH allow me to have ETM pins available.
Is it possible to have access to the ETM (Instruction trace) with a 100 pins XMC4700 MCU?
Which Dave configuration shall allow me to select these pins for debug and trace?
Thank you very much.

C. Serrano Gómez.
0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked
Hi Serrano,

The 100 pin device does not support ETM. The most of the ETM trace pins are not populated and the interface is not shown in the logical symbol of the 100 pin device. You can check the datasheet general device information section.

5100.attach

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked
Hi Serrano,

The 100 pin device does not support ETM. The most of the ETM trace pins are not populated and the interface is not shown in the logical symbol of the 100 pin device. You can check the datasheet general device information section.

5100.attach

Best Regards,
Vasanth
0 Likes