SPI/Flash DIGITAL IO Pin Setting for XMC4500 XMC4500-F100x1024

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User17149
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored
Hi,

I am manually updating the pin settings for the XMC4500-F100x1024 in order to utilize the SPI_EXAMPLE_XMC45 App and access the external Flash.

Using DAVE I can read and make out the pin settings for the SPI_MASTER but for the DIGITAL_IO, the setting is optimized for the XMC4500-F144x1024 and
I cannot make out which option I have to pick.

Can someone help me?

Thanks
0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked
Hi Kyalpani,

Your request was not clear from the description ? From the project dave app configuration, the DIGITAL_IO pin setting is as follows. Are you interested in this ?

5103.attach

This is used to control the on board LED. If not, let me know what you are trying to do.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Vasanth
Hi Kyalpani,

Your request was not clear from the description ? From the project dave app configuration, the DIGITAL_IO pin setting is as follows. Are you interested in this ?

5103.attach

This is used to control the on board LED. If not, let me know what you are trying to do.

Best Regards,
Vasanth
0 Likes
User17149
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored
Thank you and I agree with your comment. Background: I am trying to make the SPI_EXAMPLE_XMC45 app work on the xmc4500 relax-kit.
So I migrated the project to the XMC4500-F144x1024 architecture using
the "DAVE Project Upgrade->Device Migration" menu option, in "App Dependencies" under "SPI_MASTER", I selected
"High if inactive, transmit on falling clock edge, receive on rising clock edge"
and (just to be safe) initiated a "Generate Code" . I built and installed and debugged:

in main.c:142 "N25Q03_StatusRead();" always returns '0' which means that " N25Q03_WriteEnable();" of the previous statement actually did not enable write.

So, judging by your answer, I erred and thought DIGITAL_IO could have something to do with the problem.

Do you have any idea what I could try?

thank you.
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Vasanth
Hi ,

Please find this example to be used with 4500 relax kit.

Best Regards,
Vasanth
0 Likes