XMC1400 "F" footprint

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User11773
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First solution authored
I tried to download PCB footprint information for the XMC1404F064...
No "F" package information.

I'm looking for a XMC1404F064 footprint in the Altium format.
F as in PG-LQFP-64-26
0 Likes
1 Solution
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked
You can find information on PG-LQFP-64 in PG-LQFP.
Navigate to the webpage for XMC1404-F064X0064 AA.

You can find libraries for Altium, Cadence, Eagle and Mentor through the "Boards" -> "PCB Design Data" menu on the right hand side of this page.
You can also access Package information through "Packaging: -> "Package Data" menu,

Best regards,
Sampath Selvaraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
SampathS_11
You can find information on PG-LQFP-64 in PG-LQFP.
Navigate to the webpage for XMC1404-F064X0064 AA.

You can find libraries for Altium, Cadence, Eagle and Mentor through the "Boards" -> "PCB Design Data" menu on the right hand side of this page.
You can also access Package information through "Packaging: -> "Package Data" menu,

Best regards,
Sampath Selvaraj
0 Likes
User11773
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First solution authored
Thank you.
And no thermal pad ...
Also ...
I downloaded the AP32316 XMC1000 PCB Guide v2. Section 3 is specifically for the XMC1400. It talks about the LQFP64 Exposed GND pad.
The physical parts I have also do not have a exposed thermal pad. Later in the article it reports not having thermal pad.
Is there some better information regarding layout and decoupling?
0 Likes
SampathS_11
Kindly refer to Section 3.2.3 "PCB layouts for XMC1400-VQFN64/LQFP64" in "AP32316 XMC1000 PCB Guide v2" on page #15. In Figure 10. it is specifically mentioned that the LQFP64 does not have exposed GND pad. This is further
reinforced on the next page with the following observation:
"For LQFP64 package, there is no exposed GND pad. However, if a ground plane is provided underneath the LQFP64 package for the VSSP pins, it would help to reduce noise from external crystal and RTC."
Hence, it is valid that the physical parts you have do not have exposed GND pads.

I will search if there is more information regarding layout and decoupling. If you have any further questions, do kindly let us know.

Thanks, and regards,
Sampath Selvaraj
0 Likes