MCMCAN on TC397 application Kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User21340
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked
Hello all,
I have a TC397 application Kit board i want to test MCMCAN on the same. I have tried Loopback code which is in the aurix repository it worked. Now i want really want messages coming out of the pins so that i can check them on the oscilloscope. I have added pins to the MCMCAN code but nothing is coming out of the pins. can anyone share a code where i can get data out of the can TX pins.
thank you
Kiran
0 Likes
5 Replies
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
25 solutions authored 25 likes received 5 questions asked
Hi Kiran,

please look at thread named "CAN Transmit not Working in Aurix TC375 Kit". There you should find something useful.

Regards,

Jens
0 Likes
User21340
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked
HI Jens
I have made changes to the codes according to the thread that you have suggessted. But i am not able to see any data on the TX line of the CAN node 0.
0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
Hi Kiran,

try CAN 0 with Node 2.

Regards,

Jens
0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
Hi Kiran.

please also consider this and look which resistors are installed.

--------------
On the board is one CAN transceiver (CAN FD capable) connected to the CAN module 0 node 0 (P20.7 and P20.8) on TC3X7.
Optional the CAN transceiver can be connected to CAN module 0 node 2 (P10.2 and P10.3).
To do this remove resistor R269, R270 and assemble R257, R258 with 0R Resistor.
--------------

Regards,

Jens
0 Likes
User21487
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored 5 replies posted First reply posted
Let's describe is more general, so anybody else can work with:

CAN Demo configures 2 nodes (node#0 for TX node#1 for RX) and enables loopmode for both. Works fine so far.

To connect two TC Boards you can connect their X202 Pin 3&4.
For sure, loopmode has to be deactivated and pin configuration is needed. Only Port/Pin are relevant, I guess.

BUT: Please note, on TC Board only one node is physically connected to CAN tranceiver. As Jens mentioned, node#0 per default but you can change this.
Means, just changing the Demo to port/pin will wait for CAN receive at non-connected node #1.

Easiest way would be to configure node#0 as IfxCan_FrameType_transmitAndReceive (frame.type) instead.

/br
0 Likes