TC4xx promo banner Banner_Aurix_Competition Banner_AURIX_Security-Solution Banner_AURIX_Safety_Products ShieldBuddy TC275 Banner_AURIX_DevelopmentStudio

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I2C read issue for TC377

New Member New Member black_su is on a distinguished road

I2C read issue for TC377

I develop the project program on the TC377 EVK platform and encounter a I2C issue---failed to read a register value.

I tried to read a register value of I2C device(pressure sensor based on the I2C bus transmission signals(refer to attachment) described by the sensor datasheet.

Could anyone show me how to generate the repeated start signal or provide the sample code. Thanks

//iLLD Libraries used by program
    uint8 i2cTxBuffer[1] = {WHO_AM_I_REG};//WHO_AM_I_REG: register address
    uint8 i2cRxBuffer[1]

/* Write data to device */
    while(IfxI2c_I2c_write(&g_i2cDevPressure, &i2cTxBuffer[0], 1) == IfxI2c_I2c_Status_nak)
    /* Read the data*/
    while(IfxI2c_I2c_read(&g_i2cDevPressure, &i2cRxBuffer[0], 1) == IfxI2c_I2c_Status_nak)

Click image for larger version

Name:	I2C.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	5606

Advanced Advanced
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    MoD is on a distinguished road
    Function IfxI2c_I2c_write will always release the bus if finished. Therefore a stop condition is always placed on the bus after write. You must write your own write function which don't release the bus and will stay in Master Restart State (see State Machine in UM).
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Beginner Beginner MarkusKrug is on a distinguished road
    Hi,

I had the same challenge just a few weeks ago. Because of the low-speed behaviour of the IC compared to the C (TC375 in my case) I had the need to include DMA transfer also to avoid the polling on interrupt/protocol flags.
    I have to say it was beyond the complexity I usually face in using the IC because of the 'one way' behaviour of the IC FIFO and the versatile but also complex IC state machine of the TC3xx (I guess TC2xx is the same). This
    state machine is really very detailed but is not supporting too much 'automatic standard transfer modes'. Anyway I did it the following way:

1. Init the IC module concerning speed, pins, ... . I took most of it from the standard example. Maybe you need to adjust the value for the pad-driver. I usually switch to one of the '1' speed grades
    2. Init a DMA transfer from your FIFO to the TXD register of the IC
    3. Configure the IC registers for device address and protocol interrupts.
    4. Set the number of bytes to be transferred. At that point in time the DMA transfer will start
    5. In the interrupt service routine (that will be executed after all the configured bytes have been transmitted) clear all protocol flags and set the restart condition (in the endctrl reg as far as I remember).
    Also set the transmit of the device address (I did again by using DMA). You also have to remember that you have been in this state (I did with a static local variable). The reason for this is that there is only one IC protocol interrupt. So with the next interrupt
    you have to remember that you already has been there.
    6. After the retransmit of the device address is finished you have to change the DMA channel to read from RXD and copy to your desired memory address. Also you have to set the number of bytes to be received. Again, set the IC protocol
    Interrupt to get the signal after the last data has been received
    7. In this interrupt call you have to set the stop condition. I allowed one more time to raise an interrupt.
    8. In the final interrupt call I reset the above mentioned static variable to the begin of the sequence (point 5.) and also reset the DMA configuration to 'transmit' direction.

Hope that helps for a start point.

Best Regards
    Markus

+ Reply to Thread