Banner_Gate_Driver Banner_Isolated_GateDriver Banner_SOI_Gate_Driver Banner_Low_Side_Gate_Driver Banner_Solutions_for_Gate_Driver_and_power_switches

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: defferense bitwen IR2188 and irS21844 IC gate drv. To Tech.Support

New Member New Member activik is on a distinguished road

defferense bitwen IR2188 and irS21844 IC gate drv. To Tech.Support

Hello dear Support. I was write to you from Russian Federation. Our company repair gihgt voltage AMPLIFIERS and on the system use your IC name is IR21844 and we are want get information about defference ic IR21844 and IRS21844. We are have amplifier DC Audio 7.5k on the first we are using ir21844 and on the second we are using irs21844. On the irs21844 we are we noticed a clatter (click / thump) in the amplifier area when turned on. If we change to ir21844, the noise / knocking disappears.

Please tell me, these are really different microcircuits and what are their differences. Best regards, Roman. Technical director of the service center for the maintenance and repair of amplifiers.

Your answer please write here and send to the my mail activik@gmail.com
    Last edited by activik; Apr 8th, 2021 at 07:45 AM.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Expert
    Srivatsa is on a distinguished road
    There are no functional changes between the IRS218(4,44) and the IR218(4,44), however the IRS218(4,44) design has eliminated the input zener clamp diode.
    You can review the application note at: https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infine...5355962bce106a
    More information can be found under www.infineon.com/gatedriver
    Please contact our Technical Assistance Center for further inquiries

New Member New Member activik is on a distinguished road
    DID I RIGHT UNDERSTAND THAT THE ONLY DIFFERENCES IS THAT THE IRS21844 DOES NOT HAVE A DIODE Zenner at 5.2V INPUT. those. the entrance is dismissed outside of it. Comparing datasheets to microcircuits, I observe misinformation. I attached a screen and indicated an error. Is this a mistake (typo) or is it correct data?Click image for larger version

Name:	123.PNG
Views:	3
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	5622

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Expert
    Srivatsa is on a distinguished road
    This is not a typo. The data is correct. In the IRS218(4,44), the input pins are no longer internally clamped with 5.2 V zener diodes, therefore the maximum absolute rating for VIN is increased to VCC+0.3 V.
    More information can be found under www.infineon.com/gatedriver
    Please contact our Technical Assistance Center for further inquiries

+ Reply to Thread