problem with DAP miniwiggler

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User20918
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored
Hi,

I'm currently trying to use the DAP Miniwiggler to program XMC1000 MCU ... The connection diagram is as following

5058.attach

But then I get the following error

5059.attach

5060.attach

What is the the reason for this issue?

Thanks
Nour
0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked
Hi Nour,

You won't be able to use JLink with DAP interface for Miniwiggler.
If you are using the DAP interface, you should connect the miniWiggler with XMC device with the 10-pin connector.
I believe you have downloaded DAS server, if haven't, please download and install it. After you connect, open DAS device scanner and start the DAS server. Then click installed server and choose UDAS.
Now the UDAS will be running and you should see the device connected on the DAS device scanner window. After you see the device is connected (show on DAS device scanner window) , you just select
UDAS from DAVE debug configuration and it should be able to debug via miniWiggler.

If you are planning to use the Jlink, you can make use of On board jlink debugger available with the kits.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked
Hi Nour,

You won't be able to use JLink with DAP interface for Miniwiggler.
If you are using the DAP interface, you should connect the miniWiggler with XMC device with the 10-pin connector.
I believe you have downloaded DAS server, if haven't, please download and install it. After you connect, open DAS device scanner and start the DAS server. Then click installed server and choose UDAS.
Now the UDAS will be running and you should see the device connected on the DAS device scanner window. After you see the device is connected (show on DAS device scanner window) , you just select
UDAS from DAVE debug configuration and it should be able to debug via miniWiggler.

If you are planning to use the Jlink, you can make use of On board jlink debugger available with the kits.

Best Regards,
Vasanth
0 Likes