manual PIN allocator not showing PIN !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User21562
Level 1
Level 1
5056.attach

Just downloaded a example dave poject , but the "manual PIN allocator " is not showing any Port pins to select(Its blank)
Please help in solving the issue
0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked
Hello,

The minimum RAM requirement for DAVE is 4GB. So it should technically work. If it is working on 8GB and not on 4GB, it probably could mean that you had multiple software running parallelly that could be affecting DAVE operation.

Have you tried running DAVE software alone?

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
User21562
Level 1
Level 1
NaveenAcceedo wrote:
5056.attach

Just downloaded a example dave poject , but the "manual PIN allocator " is not showing any Port pins to select(Its blank)
Please help in solving the issue

5057.attach

I am also getting the above error msg.

Please help us!
0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked
Hi,

The communication between the Eclipse IDE DAVE plugins and the solver happens through network socket interface (localhost communication).
Application that interferes with network communications can block the communication between DAVE and solver, e.g. some antivirus or firewall.

Please try to disable momentary the firewall and antivirus and try again. If successful you will need to add an exception in the antivirus or firewall rules.

Best Regards,
Vasanth
0 Likes
User21562
Level 1
Level 1
I tried disable of Firewall and antivirus, It dint work.[Laptop used was 4GB RAM]
But when i tried using a laptop with 8GB RAM , its working.
Is there a dependency on RAM of the LAPTOP too?
0 Likes
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked
Hello,

The minimum RAM requirement for DAVE is 4GB. So it should technically work. If it is working on 8GB and not on 4GB, it probably could mean that you had multiple software running parallelly that could be affecting DAVE operation.

Have you tried running DAVE software alone?

Regards,
Dheeraj
0 Likes