XMC4400_ 4 PWMs_Phaseshift 0-360°, Duty each Phase 0-100%

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
User16955
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Infineon Team,

I habe a problem with the CCU8_0 and CCU8_1 Modules. I use them to generate 4 PWMs(Direct Outut) + 4 PWMs(Inverted Output) for 4 Phases of my Boost converter.
The Problem comes only when I change the frequency of the PWMs over CAN comunication : The Phaseshift between the PWMs are not anymore that desired or sometimes the Dutycycle is also affected.
I checked the Pheriperals and it looks as the Hardware Unit doesnt write the values from the shadows registers into the CR and PR registers. Also sometimes the Values are all well written and everything is ok, but when I see in the Osziloscope the PWMs
is the same Problem: PWMs are with differents Phaseshift and different dutycycles. The Programm is below. the CAN comunication: CAN ID 420h (500ms) for the frequency(Byte0-Byte3, Factor 0,001), duty(Byte 4-Byte5,factor 0,01 ) and Phaseshift(Byte 6-Byte7,factor 0,01) and for ON/OFF of PWMs 400h (Bit 10 ,0ms)

Thanks a lot!

Gerson
0 Likes
1 Reply
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked
Hi Gerson,

To understand your design more how are the PWM frequencies updated in your project ? Additionally I could see that PWM events from some of the PWMs triggering other PWMs in the design. How are they supposed to work ?

Best Regards,
Vasanth
0 Likes