Evaluation Board TC367 is not powered

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User21401
Level 1
Level 1
Hello

I am using Evaluation Board TC367. It had been working fine until I connected new JTAG cable with PLS UDE debugger.

By connecting the JTAG cable, the Evaluation Board is not up anymore, the 3 voltage LEDs (5Volt / 3,3 Volt / 1,25 Volt) are now off. I've also tried to power the Board with another adapter but the problem is still present.

Does it mean that the Board is damaged?
0 Likes
4 Replies
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
25 solutions authored 25 likes received 5 questions asked
Hi Mohamed,

what you are describing here, sounds like an electrical problem.

Did you try to power up the board again without any additional JTAG connection?

You mentioned using the PLS UDE debugger, do you use also external hardware from PLS?

What kind of adapter do you mean?
Please tell me also which board do you have exactly.

In case of a Triboard, you have already debug access over the USB pipes.

Regards,

Jens
0 Likes
User21401
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Jens,

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes I am regularly trying to power up the board without any additional / external hardware. Only the Evaluation Board is connected with its power supply adapter.

The adapter used is the normal one that comes with the board package. It's similar to the one shown in this photo:
5011.attach

The board is "TriBoard TC3X7 V2.01"
0 Likes
cwunder
Employee
Employee
5 likes given 50 likes received 50 solutions authored
mohamedselim wrote:
Does it mean that the Board is damaged?

If none of the power LED's are on then then you will not be able to debug (or run) anything and quite possible it is damaged.

Is the AURIX soldered to the board or is it in a socket? If it is in a socket try to re-seat it.

You will need to do some debugging and hopefully you have access to a multimeter.

• Measure the resistance between power and ground what do you read?
  • Measure the voltage at the input connector?
  • Review the schematic in the TriBoard's users manual and start probing the power from the TLE35584
0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
25 solutions authored 25 likes received 5 questions asked
Hi Mohamed,

if the board does not show any response after powering it up there is something wrong with it.
The power supply chip TLF 35584 should drive LED D507 with VuC.

The 3.3V rail should also work. Ok, this means that the Aurix could be still alive and you have
only a problem with the power supply. Therefore, please check VS1 at the TLF whether you can measure something >= 5V.

If you can't measure anything, there might be a damaged diode for example. Those parts are very cheap and can be easily exchanged.
You could also check to power up the board just with the USB cable connected to the PC which provides 5V in case the USB port is activated.

Then you should measure about 5V at VS1 (TLF 35584).

Summarized, please check the whole supply path of the TLF 35584, whether there are any damaged components.
Just for testing the Aurix, you could also directly induce 5V at VuC. The AURIX should then powering up, but maybe stuck in RESET because of the TLF.

Regards,

Jens
0 Likes