TC4xx promo banner Banner_Aurix_Competition Banner_AURIX_Security-Solution Banner_AURIX_Safety_Products ShieldBuddy TC275 Banner_AURIX_DevelopmentStudio

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TC377TP controller up issue

Advanced Advanced JensM is on a distinguished road JensM's Avatar
    Hi Mohamed,

so you are facing the same problem... If the flash content is equal, then it could have something to do with the TLF Power Supply and Monitoring device.
    Did you also placed the TLF on your custom board?

Basically, the TLF is able to hold your Aurix in RESET.
    But on the other hand, you only need the TLF if you are doing a Functional Safety related application.

How, do you provide power to the Aurix?

Another problem could be, that you permanently hold your Aurix in RESET, because you might have forgotten to hold the PORST pin into logical high position.

The Bootmode headers essentially have a configuration purpose, where you decide whether for example to use the HWCFC pins or where to start reading your program from.
    The copies are mostly supposed to have something running available if your original BMHD is corrupted. If the first BMHD would be corrupted, the firmware might just grab
    the next one from known location to start from.

Regards,

Jens
    TBench.Solutions UG
    Preferred Design House of Infineon Technologies AG

www.tbench-solutions.com
    TBS, TBench.Solutions UG, Preferred Design House of Infineon Technologies AG

Hi Mohamed,

do you have also the TLF on your custom board?
    Please check your HWCFG pins to be in proper configuration and PORST to be logical high.

If you do not want to share your schematics here in the forum, you could also send it directly to me via
    info@tbench-solutions.com. We could have a quick look on it. But you could also share it here. It is up to you.

Regards,

Jens
    TBench.Solutions UG

www.tbench-solutions.com

New Member New Member mohamed rahmathulla is on a distinguished road
    Hi jensM,

i am using TLF35584QVVS1XUMA2 to give power to my custom board. we disable the failstate reading, so it is working as a default state and it is giving 5v to the controller.

i checked the HWCFG pin and PORST pin is High (5V),

i have checked the memory location of BMHDx_ORIG, i am getting different value in custom board and tri-board, i have attached the image of memory below

this is the memory view of tri-board

Click image for larger version

Name:	TriBoardMemory.PNG
Views:	3
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	5550

and this for my custom board
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CustomBoardMemory.PNG
Views:	3
Size:	631.6 KB
ID:	5551

writing to those register is taken care by infineon .cmm file.

is there anything we need to check??

Regards
    Mohamed Rahmathulla

Hi Mohamed,

yes the boot mode headers are missing, obviously.
    Without them, there is no chance to run your program.

So, you might need to manually put them in.
    Do you have PLS UDE Tool available?

Regards,

Jens
    TBench.Solutions UG

www.tbench-solutions.com

Hi Mohamend,

which flashing tool are you using?
    Usually, things like that might be configured inside Memtool for example.

Regards,

Jens
    TBench.Solutions UG

www.tbench-solutions.com

Hi JensM,
    I am using Trace32 software and Lauterbach debugger to flash the program. we have TC37X.cmm file to configure the memory region.

i dont have PLS-UDE tool..

In tri-board it is executing properly.

Regards
    Mohamed Rahmathulla

Hi JensM,
    I am using Trace32 software and Lauterbach debugger to flash the program. we have TC37X.cmm file to configure the memory region.

i dont have PLS-UDE tool..

In tri-board it is executing properly.

Regards
    Mohamed Rahmathulla

Hi Mohamed,

please look whether you have Memtool installed on your machine.
    If not, just download it. Then you should be able accessing the Generic Bootstrap Loader
    to transfer your program with the right settings.

Or, you look into your Trace32 software, whether there is an option to configure the BMHDs.

Or, just send me the cmm file. I am gonna have a look on it.

Regards,

Jens

Regards,

Jens
    TBench.Solutions UG

www.tbench-solutions.com

Advanced Advanced cwunder will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by mohamed rahmathulla View Post
    What is purpose of BMHDx_ORIG and BMHDx_COPY here?
    Please refer to section 3.1.1.6.3 Processing in case no valid BMHD found in the AURIXTC3XX_um_part1_v1.6.pdf and continue reading on the purpose of BMHDx. If you have ORIG and COPY copy this means it is stored rundentaly. The first being checked is the ORIGinal and then if needed the COPY is check by the SSW.

Hi Mohamed,

on the TC3XX controllers you have also swap functionality for SOTA available. This could also confusing you.

You need to check your Trace32 tool whether there are any additional configurations to be done.
    But, if you are able to watch at your flash contents on both the Triboard and the custom board, you could also directly edit it. Why not?
    Just put the BMHD which you have figured from your Triboard debug session, and put it onto your custom board.
    That should be really straight forward inside Trace32 tool. No need to calculate any checksums, because of the same content.
    Just try it.

My alternative suggestion here is switching to Memtool, because this comes directly from Infineon and has everything you need for configuration purposes.
    With that tool you can enter Generic Bootstrap Mode as I mentioned earlier, and iron your hex file (BMHDs included) right into PFLASH 0. That should work for you.

The question why this happened to your custom board could be somehow related to the way you handle the custom board.
    Lauterbach and anyone else say, that you should not power cycle your board if no valid Boot Mode Header is installed.
    That means, if you delete your flash and do a power cycle without putting at least one valid BMHD on it, you run right into that trouble.

@cwunder: yes we have covered that before

Regards,

Jens
    TBench.Solutions UG

www.tbench-solutions.com

+ Reply to Thread