TC4xx promo banner Banner_Aurix_Competition Banner_AURIX_Security-Solution Banner_AURIX_Safety_Products ShieldBuddy TC275 Banner_AURIX_DevelopmentStudio

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TC377TP controller up issue

Intermediate Intermediate mohamed rahmathulla is on a distinguished road

TC377TP controller up issue

Hi,

i am using tc377tp, i am fusing the program from trace32 software, it is running properly from trace32 software but when i remove and reset the controller program is not executing.

i am using TLF35584 PMIC to power the micro controller up.

kindly help me to sort this out.

Regards
    Mohamed Rahmathulla

Advanced Advanced
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    MoD is on a distinguished road
    In the most cases that a software runs with Debugger but not without debugger is that any of the watchdogs are going to timeout if no debugger connected. If a debugger is connected then the watchdogs are automatically switched off and there occurs no timeout, If there is no debugger connected then the watchdogs are working as expected.
    You should make sure that your watchdogs are switched off or serviced in time.
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

i disabled the watchdog in my code, here my code is

void core0_main(void)
    {
    IfxCpu_enableInterrupts();

/* !!WATCHDOG0 AND SAFETY WATCHDOG ARE DISABLED HERE!!
    * Enable the watchdogs and service them periodically if it is required
    */
    IfxScuWdt_disableCpuWatchdog(IfxScuWdt_getCpuWatch dogPassword());
    IfxScuWdt_disableSafetyWatchdog(IfxScuWdt_getSafet yWatchdogPassword());

/* Wait for CPU sync event */
    IfxCpu_emitEvent(&g_cpuSyncEvent);
    IfxCpu_waitEvent(&g_cpuSyncEvent, 1);

initTime(); /* Calculate iLLDs time constants */
    initLED(); /* Initialize the LED port pin */

while(1)
    {
    blinkLED(); /* Make the LED blink */
    }
    }

i am disabling cpu watchdog and safety watchdog.

still i am facing the issue

Advanced Advanced
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    What is the controller is doing if you start without debugger? You use an own board or a TriBoard? Is there a reset indicator with LED?
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

i Tried the same code with Tri-board, it is working, but the same software i am fusing in my custom board but it is working only in trace32 software, if i remove the jtag and press the reset button it is not in reset mode, but in some system down mode.

current cusumption of reset mode is 70mA, but i am getting 80mA, if i long press the reset button it is going to 70mA as expected.

Intermediate Intermediate JensM is on a distinguished road JensM's Avatar
    Hi Mohamed,

did you also try to flash your program manually into the chip?
    I am not aware what trace32 software really does in terms of program location, but it could be that the program is not located where the Bootloader expect it to be after reset.

Regards,

Jens
    TBench.Solutions UG
    Preferred Design House of Infineon Technologies AG

www.tbench-solutions.com
    TBS, TBench.Solutions UG, Preferred Design House of Infineon Technologies AG

Advanced Advanced
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    I expect that the device is in Generic Bootstrap Loader Mode because you don't program the BMHD0 with the startaddress. Program also UCB BMHD0 with your used reset address. Please note to avoid problems after UCB programming don't program the BMHDx_COPY together with BMHDx_ORIG

Hi MoD,

that makes sense. But the question here is what the Trace32 tool does. Mohamed stated that his program is only working during Trace32 tool session, and not anymore afterwards.
    The idea was not to manipulate any of the UCBs. The idea was to flash the program and see what happens. I mean this is actually no problem here, because Mohamed is able to debug
    but somehow wondering why the program is not starting anymore without Trace32 tool session. Just flash it, and you can run it.

Regards,

Jens
    TBench.Solutions UG

www.tbench-solutions.com

Hi MoD again,

sorry I did not get it right. Mohamed claimed that the program is working with the Triboard, but not directly with its custom board. In this case you are right.
    Mohamed should use the Memtool directly where all the basics are already done for him.

Regards,

Jens
    TBench.Solutions UG

www.tbench-solutions.com

i programmed and checked the memory of both tri-board and my custom board.

program flashed in PF0 for both the tri-board as well as my custom board.. but still facing the same problem,.

What is purpose of BMHDx_ORIG and BMHDx_COPY here?

Thanks & Regards
    Mohamed Rahmathulla
    Last edited by mohamed rahmathulla; Mar 14th, 2021 at 11:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread