multiple definitions porting ERIKA into ADS(AURIX Development Studio)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User21313
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked
Hello,
I'm currently porting ERIKA V3 into AURIX Development Studio(ADS) for Tricore TC397 evaluation board, but the board cannot start up .
First, I generated the OS source code in ERIKA IDE and copy it into a new project in ADS.
Then I get the following ERROR messages about multiple definitions when building.
multiple definitions of symbol "_START" in both "Ifx_Ssw_Tc0.o" and "ee_tc_cstart.o"

cannot locate 16 section(s): requirement :7K(0x1f40) bytes of ROM area in space mpe:vtc:linear

So I delete the _START function in Ifx_Ssw_Tc0.c and BMHD constants in /Configurations/Ifx_Cfg_SswBmhd.c.
I added LED toggle function into main function,and It builds successfully but the OS seems not able to start up (LED status does not change)after I upload it into the chip.
My question is ,
1. Is there anything else I'm missing ?
2. There's only one main() function in ERIKA OS,but there's six seperate main fucntions for every core in TC397 in a ADS project. How to understand the differences and connections between these two?
How does it affect the code?
3. Is there any reference document or code about ERIKA porting to ADS in TC397?
0 Likes
1 Reply
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
25 solutions authored 25 likes received 5 questions asked
Hi,

unfortunately we are no ERIKA experts, but maybe some suggestions.
If you use a tool to generate ERIKA OS code externally, also the project settings might be done right there.
It could be that you cannot simply copy the OS code into a new project without adjusting the project settings as well.
The indication for that is your first mentioned error message. For me it is also not really clear whether or not ADS supports ERIKA.

Regards
0 Likes