Problems of connecting XMC4700 an ISOFAC§ via SPI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nox99
Employee
Employee
First question asked First reply posted Welcome!
Having a fairly simple task, I have been struggling around with DAVE4 for weeks.
Goal was to use an ISOFACE 1H812 connected via SPI to an XMC 4700 to expand the number of Digital IOs

Sounds quite simple but using the APPs,I never got a working result. Sending 0x00 or 0x01 simply for toggling the output, I was not even able to monitor the SCLK being triggered correctely.

Unfortunately there is no simple tutorial for Dave4 and the SPI Master-APP available. The ISOFACE APP is only working on XMC4500 not XMC4700 (Ports P6 not available for config).

Did somebody had the same problems? I know the issue is usually in front of the monitor 🙂 , But if there might be a simple example to learn how to get the SPI working, I really would be greatful.

BR Nox99
0 Likes
1 Solution
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted
Hello,

I discussed your query internally with our experts. ISOFACE app always uses USIC0_CH0 for SPI communication and that is the reason why you see limited number of pins available in Dave.
But, you can try to modify the generated source code for this app according to your application.

Thanks and Regards,
Sudheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
SudheeshK
Hello,

We would like to know some more details about this issue.

1. What are the SPI pins configured in the XMC4700 project?
2. Are there any differences between the XMC4500 project and XMC4700 project that you created?
3. Typical usage of ISO1H app is given in the app documentation (right click of the Dave app -> select app help and got to "Typical Usage" section).
Could you please follow the instructions given in "Typical Usage" section and test the samples application? Please let us know the results.

Thanks and Regards,
Sudheesh
0 Likes
nox99
Employee
Employee
First question asked First reply posted Welcome!
He Sudheesh,

Thanks for your attempt of guiding me through this (personal) problem.
Having found the documentation in the methods section of help this was quite valuable. And indeed the result was operational.
Unfortunately, as stated before, the useage is quite limited as I cannot use the HW pins as signal wires.
eg.

SPI_Master works HW wise with CS P6.1 / SCLK P6.2 / MoSI P6.4 / MiSO P6.3 / DIS P 6.6

Using the ISO-APP man cannot chose these ports... Only way around would be using jumper wires , whatI personally would like to avoid
5007.attach

Best Regards

Nox
0 Likes
SudheeshK
Hello,

I discussed your query internally with our experts. ISOFACE app always uses USIC0_CH0 for SPI communication and that is the reason why you see limited number of pins available in Dave.
But, you can try to modify the generated source code for this app according to your application.

Thanks and Regards,
Sudheesh
0 Likes